The silliest things

haven't crowed for 10 minutes *Crow*
Haven't crowed for another 2 minutes. *CROW*
Crow just on general principle *CROW*
Crow just to hear the sound of my own voice *CROW*
I've crowed 12 times now *CRo-oockOW*
Crow because during the last one, my voice cracked, and that's undignified *CROW!*

Haven't crowed for another 2 minutes. *CROW*
Crow just on general principle *CROW*
Crow just to hear the sound of my own voice *CROW*
I've crowed 12 times now *CRo-oockOW*
Crow because during the last one, my voice cracked, and that's undignified *CROW!*

Lady Gaga is like that🙄
you held me so it dampened the sound *Crow*.
The other two have constant fights between them
- haha I faked a warning call and you bought it *Crow*
- no shut up I did not, I was messing with you *Crow*
-yeah yeah sure *Crow*
-now you're making me mad, I'm coming over there and we'll settle this once and for all *Crow*

Since we seem to be on a roll of talking about what our male chickens crow at, I'm going to sum up all of my males because I find them all to be hilarious. (Sorry if I'm half-changing the subject, I just find it funny!)

 Phoenix: The old Cochin/Ameraucana hybrid rooster who "breeds" sideways, half-falling off the hen, and doesn't know how to defend himself against predators and also runs from butterflies. Not to mention the fact that he allows the cockerels to wing-dance and fight his hens through the fence.

Jasper: The Old English Game Bantam mix cockerel who thinks everyone is out to kill him and crows at everything. Also flogs people who are collecting eggs from the nesting box and for some reason prefers to spend his whole day pacing up and down the pen's fences and wing-dancing at Phoenix's hens even though he has pullets of his own.

 Slate: The Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel who is one of the most annoying, silly, cute and funny things all at the same time. He literally does not stop food-clucking at everything, even if it is a piece of poop, and the pullets have learned to ignore him because all he does is lie. He wing-dances at everyone he gets a chance to and screams at every fallen leaf, but his super bold personality has for some reason made the other cockerels scared of him, even though he's a small little fluff ball.

Winter: The Buff-Laced Polish cockerel who is very flighty and silly-looking, as most Polish are. He ignores the fact that he has pullets of his own and goes for Phoenix's hens instead on the other side of the fence. And for some reason he is scared of Slate, even though he is three times his height.

Orchid: The Speckled Sussex cockerel who was nice to everyone and wanted to get picked up by humans, but, also like Winter, then got scared off by that little fluff ball known as Slate and now he and his two pullets roam in the front yard mainly so they can get away from the terrifying, annoying, loud, SLATE!
Sounds like you have some silly roosters! (I absolutely love Slate, he sounds like my roo, but I only have one. :p)

Next up in "Why in the absolute green beans is my rooster crowing?"

"Uggghhhh no one is out here. *Chases the hens away* Uggghh" *CROW*
"Oh, oh how dare you pick me up!!! And set me back down!!!" *CROW*
*I'm walking him and he sees the hens in the coop* ":O" *WEIRD GURGLING SOUND*
"It would be SUCH A SHAME if I were to fight Peanut..." *CROW* *PECKING ENSUES*
"Hey, mom is here. Let me sing you the song of my people" *CROOoooooOOOWWW

"Ok, I am just so offended that MARSHMALLOW Fluff gets treats and I don't. I only took her treats once! ...Twice..." *CROW*

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, it happened again.
I opened the nesting box to check on them (it's really cold out) and he was going crazyyy

"Mom opened the nesting box??? It's so cold out tho???" *CROW*
"MOOOMMM DON'T PICK ME UP WHEN I'M CROWING" *CROW*
*While picked up* "Humph" *CROW*
"Mo-th-er give me tomatoes" *CROW*
"Why did I go outside? It's rather cold. Let me tell mom" *CROW*

Oh my gosh, it happened again.
I opened the nesting box to check on them (it's really cold out) and he was going crazyyy

"Mom opened the nesting box??? It's so cold out tho???" *CROW*
"MOOOMMM DON'T PICK ME UP WHEN I'M CROWING" *CROW*
*While picked up* "Humph" *CROW*
"Mo-th-er give me tomatoes" *CROW*
"Why did I go outside? It's rather cold. Let me tell mom" *CROW*
:gig

Alright, well not Marshmallow Fluff, a hen, is crowing as well. It's contagious!
rooster.gif

Back
Top Bottom