The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Country- Well, we bought him as a silkie mix from a local breeder, but when he started to get his wing feathers that stuck out everywhere, we called the breeder, and she said she must have mistaken it for one of her frizzle mixes. From what I was told, it's father is a frizzle x SLW and the mother is a splash silkie. Not sure how correct that is :p

Hi Chippie,

I have some 10th & 11th generation Sizzle eggs for sale. You can email or pm me for details. You honestly might be better off buying from someone closer to you as the shipping distance could affect the hatchability. I ordered eggs from the east coast a couple of years ago & got really mixed results. I got a 50% hatch from one place (which is good for shipped eggs from any distance), zero from another, & the rest were somewhere in between. The results were a little better when I ordered from within CA, but then again, I got a zero hatch when I ordered from a gal that was only about 2 hrs drive away. Guess it's a flip of the coin but I tend to think less distance is better. I don't know what the weather is like at your end but if it's starting to really heat up, that could have an effect on shipped eggs also. I have heard about a cold pack - anyone have any info on that? Or would a good pack with lots of newspaper help insulate the eggs against the heat? I think people are getting fairly good hatches from my shipped eggs but thus far I've only shipped during the winter months. Any advice would be appreciated.

Aren't I a great saleslady? I have a potential customer & end up practically talking you out of ordering eggs! lol

Chippy & Sanna,
Try hoppy. He/she is in Maine - probably not close enough for chick pick up but close enough that you might have good luck with an egg shipment.
I will do that. I'm assuming he/she goes by the name hoppy here on the forum?

My first post in this thread!! xD

That's my only sizzle chick, but it's my favorite. I know it looks a lot like a frizzle, but I promise there's silkie in there! He has the extra toe and dark feet to prove it!
Cute!!

Hey everyone, I just posted some pictures of a freaky colored Silky & asked for opinions. I know this is a Sizzle thread but I'd love some input from anyone here that wants to jump over & take a look. The link is https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/673125/silky-is-this-a-new-color-dq-or
If the link doesn't work, it is under breed, genetics, & showing.
Thanks

The link works and I commented so I get the updates. I am interested on what others think of that girl too. She is really stunning and caught my eye right away. I was there for less than 5 min when I was asking about her LOL.

The little black and white chick is so CUTE!

Country-I spent some time working on your questions yesterday. I was a little shocked with what I found. I have to do this:
bow.gif

Thank you so much for enabling me to bypass that F2 generation! You said it was a mess, I looked at it genetically, and OMG! I'll have to post my chicken scratch on it tomorrow, I'm on twin duty in just a few minutes.

Hey everyone, I just posted some pictures of a freaky colored Silky & asked for opinions. I know this is a Sizzle thread but I'd love some input from anyone here that wants to jump over & take a look. The link is https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/673125/silky-is-this-a-new-color-dq-or
If the link doesn't work, it is under breed, genetics, & showing.
Thanks

Oh for heaven's sake. I misspelled Silkie - twice!! I've been raising & writing about them for years so I can't even believe I did that. My apologies to SILKIE breeders everywhere. (I'd insert one of those little animated icons that keeps bowing down but I don't know how.)

So, I know we have already posted about genetics, but if I breed my sizzle back to a silkie, it will have a 50% chance of the frizzle feathers, correct? I love my little sizzle so much, he is the only one of my chicks(other than his australorp friend he grew up with) that I put in a cage during the night xD I couldn't afford to lose him/her because I don't know if I'd ever find another one in wisconsin!

Country- Well, we bought him as a silkie mix from a local breeder, but when he started to get his wing feathers that stuck out everywhere, we called the breeder, and she said she must have mistaken it for one of her frizzle mixes. From what I was told, it's father is a frizzle x SLW and the mother is a splash silkie. Not sure how correct that is :p

Well, whatever the background, he's really a cutie. I'd love to have that color pop up in one of my Sizzles.

This is my daughter Lauren with her smooth sizzle, Lady Peckington (one of Country's birds) at the Placer County 4H Youth Fair.

Back
Top Bottom