The Sizzle Thread!

here are some pics i took of my sizzles today

they are sooooo gorgeous!!
droolin.gif

i copied this from the Facebook sizzle breeder chat forum.

i don't think any one would mind :) it helps to copy these on to cards to help inform both judges and chicken show goers alike.

Sizzle coop cards courtesy of Sheri Minkner

By Kayla Douglas on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 2:58pm
Here are the coop cards. Feel free to reword if you want. If some of you are going to show the non-bearded, then you should add that they come in bearded & non-bearded. Something like "Sizzles can be bearded or non-bearded & there are 2 varieties - smooth & frizzled."

THE FRIZZLED SILKIE

Frizzled Silkies (sometimes nicknamed Frilkies) should have all the qualities of a regular Silkie & are judged to the same standard. They are entered in the featherleg division & are eligible to compete for the same titles as the Silkie. The only real difference between a Frilkie & a Silkie is the feathering. The Frilkie should have the same type of soft, fur-like feathering as the Silkie – but it should be curled - backwards, with the ends curling towards the head.

THE SIZZLE

The Sizzle began as a Frizzle Cochin & Silkie cross & many are now in the 14th generation & beyond. There are 2 varieties of Sizzle – smooth & frizzled .

Though not yet recognized as a breed, Sizzles are currently allowed to be shown as AOV (All Other Varieties) in the featherleg division. They are judged according to the Silkie standard on all points except the type of feathering. Rather than the soft fur-like feathering of the Silkie, the Frizzled Sizzle has fluffy regular feathers, softly curled backwards toward its head. The Smooth Sizzle has the same fluffy feathers but lacks the curl, so looks much like a Silkie with regular feathers.

These adorable birds are still quite rare & Sizzle Fanciers are working to meet the requirements of the APBA so they may someday be accepted as a new breed. Even though they are different in appearance from the Silkie, they still retain the sweet & loveable personality so unique to the Silkie.

SIZZLE (SMOOTH)

The Sizzle began as a Frizzle Cochin & Silkie cross & many are now in the 10th generation & beyond. There are 2 varieties of Sizzle – smooth & frizzled.

These adorable birds are very unique & Sizzle Fanciers are working to meet the requirements of the APBA so they may someday be accepted as a new breed.

Sizzles are currently allowed to be shown in the featherleg division as AOV (All Other Varieties). They are judged according to the Silkie standard on all points except the type of feathering. Rather than the soft fur-like feathering of the Silkie, the Smooth Sizzle has slightly harder feathering but still very thick fluffy – much like a Cochin. The Frizzled Sizzle has the same harder feathering, but all softly curled backwards toward the head.

So, I have 3 gorgeous babies growing out that I hatched from Sherri Minkners eggs. Of course idk who is what or how they will look yet, but come on! They're Sheri's babies! Lol
Anyway, I have NEVER shown a bird, or even considered it really. But now I'm thinking I wouldn't mind looking into it. But, idk where to even start! How do I find shows to go watch? I'd like to observe and see others in action 1st before I decide what I want to do. I live in a tiny backwoods town in Ky, so would DEF have to travel. Lol They think "if u ain't gonna eat it, it ain't worth having" around here.

Sonderah- this might be a good place to start looking into shows in your general area.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHTUS-3uHwE5CJc9eDJWZR-F03leQ

I'm STILL waiting for pictures of those adorable babies, by the way ;)

I have 8 new chicks in my brooder, they're about a week old now, and it looks like my Sizzle cockerel has been working over time! Most of them are looking like they're either frizzled Sizzles or frizzled Silkies :woot

so glad you are showing, and lots of luck!!!
yes they are not a recognized breed YET! but DO NOT show them as a silkie!!!
if you show them as silkies the judge has no choice but to DQ them for not having silkie feathers. they will also DQ you for not saying blue partridge since she is clearly blue. so on the show form say frizzled sizzle, non bearded, blue partridge, pullet. you will be able to compete in AVO or now called NSV category.
Thanks Theresa, I am new to this show thing but want people to see and fall in love with the sizzles like I have. Definitely doesn't do me much good if they get disqualified...

Sonderah- this might be a good place to start looking into shows in your general area.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHTUS-3uHwE5CJc9eDJWZR-F03leQ

I'm STILL waiting for pictures of those adorable babies, by the way ;)

I have 8 new chicks in my brooder, they're about a week old now, and it looks like my Sizzle cockerel has been working over time! Most of them are looking like they're either frizzled Sizzles or frizzled Silkies :woot

Thanks!! I will post them today. I totally forgot I didn't post them here!

Back
Top Bottom