The Sizzle Thread!

Just dropping by, I had Sizzles years ago in TN and I missed them so much I'm now putting Silkie and alternating polish over all my standard fowl layers lol. So my layers are std Cochin, EEs, Marans, only bantams are silkies, and my first gen crosses. I'm using hatchery silkies, so I'm working polish through for top knot. In four years I should have some very odd things going on. I am sticking w black and blue and splash for solids and there's a lavender in there, right now my only roo is a lovely partridge Cochin. Foxes, a hawk and a neighbor dog, sigh. The remainder are inside e net now.

. I'm trying to figure out which sex these sizzles are..
[/IMG]
I'm thinking the last is a boy but the others have me stumped and they all seem to have different types combs.

Last edited:
THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE A BOY.I'm trying to figure out which sex these sizzles are..[IMG SO DOES THIS ONE

THIS ONE TOO I'm thinking the last is a boy but the others have me stumped and they all seem to have different types combs.
See replies above. These are just guesses based on the size and color of their combs. Sizzles, much like Silkies, can be very difficult to sex. They're cute!

Last edited:
Can someone here explain to me about frazzles? I bought 5 silkies so far 3 of the five have normal feathers coming in. Someone told me they look like sizzles. I noticed the buff ones feathers are breaking off. Umm terrific. My poor baby. Could it be a frazzle?

Back
Top Bottom