The Sizzle Thread!

Here are my three sizzle smooths :)

I have a question all of my babies are from a different blood line so if one turned out to be a Rooster would their babies be okay? (No fragile feathers) because I saw somewhere to not let sizzle & sizzle have babies but does it make a difference since they are smooth??

I have a question all of my babies are from a different blood line so if one turned out to be a Rooster would their babies be okay? (No fragile feathers) because I saw somewhere to not let sizzle & sizzle have babies but does it make a difference since they are smooth??

Inbreeding, or line breeding, isn't as terrible a practice as some folks make it out to be. And, unless you've been breeding line bred birds together for a long time, nothing crazy will pop up. Breeding Sizzle to Sizzle is perfectly acceptable. If they aren't bred together (to produce babies like them), we'll never be able to get them accepted as a breed. That being said, the feather issues with Sizzles are the result of breeding frizzle to frizzle. Thats the no no. You can breed frizzle to smooth, smooth to smooth, just no frizzle to frizzle :)

Last edited:
Awesome thank you!! You answered my question perfectly everything I wanted to know
1f600.png
1f44c-1f3fb.png
How are those babies looking that hatched when my babies were chicks?

Last edited:
You're welcome!

They're looking great! I'll have to snap some pictures and share, they've gotten SO big!

Yours are growing like little weeds as well! Are you on the Sizzle Breeders Chat page on FB? I feel like I saw your babies there :D

Back
Top Bottom