THE SMOKERS QUIT CAMPAIGN - ADDITONAL NOTES

I'm still plugging along here.
Two stressful situation sent me to the store to buy a pack, and I did smoke them, but have been on the wagon at all other times.

Days go by with no issue and I'm back down to the 14mg patch daily again.

So far so good! This is the longest I have been without giving up on quitting, so I'm really proud. Husband too is also doing well. It's actually quite great.. I danced around my house yesterday for over an hour cleaning & sweating and wasn't even out of breath!!!

big_smile.png

Yay me! And good luck to you!! You can do it, one day at a time...

Month #2 is underway.
I've stopped using the patch full time, and occassionally skipping a day or half day and for sure sleeping without one, but am still reliant on them as backup. We're finishing up our last box of the 14mg patches and will move down to the 7mg patches to keep on hand. We have commit losenges stashed everywhere, and neither of us are actually needing most of this extra support but are keeping it handy for the tough times ahead.

I hate to say this, but really, it's been easier than I thought. The first 3 weeks were really the hardest. I don't know what in the world made me take so long to actually accomplish this, but this time I just refused to talk myself out of it, and so.. it stuck.

Quote:
Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so very very proud of you..... keep it up, and think of the money you have saved.... so treat yourself to a little something...... BRAVO!!!!!

hit.gif
I miss ciggs... If they weren't $6 a pack I would probably just cave....
hit.gif

They still smell good to me... I miss going out at break and joining the others...

I like brething, and I like saving money....

I don't know what it is about cigs I miss... life is no differant...

how are you guys doing???

Quote:
I do Miss them too!! Not everyday but like this weekend we went to Daytona Beach with relatives and they all get up from the table to go outside and smoke and us few non smokers just sit and look at each other. Or I go outside with them and to not smoke just didn't seem right but I Didn't smoke, wanted to but didn't!! I'm still holding out hope that DH will decide to quit one of these days and actually DO IT too!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom