THE SMOKERS QUIT CAMPAIGN - ADDITONAL NOTES

Keep one dirty ashtray, each time you want a smoke, SMELL the ASHTRAY. That should turn you off and not make you drool for the Nasty Thing! It works.

You can 1/2 fill, a small jar with water and 3 or 4 smoked butts. Place lid on jar. carry jar with you everyplace you go. When you need a smoke , smell the stuff in the jar. After 3 hours it is bad. after 3 day's all you have to do is look at the jar. You will not want to open it let alone take a smell. You must take the jar evey place you go. Set the jar on the table, and look at it, if you get the urge for that after eating smoke, smell the jar. All your friends will have a fit for you to get rid of the jar. Do not cave in. Try it, it does work! Just think that, that is how a smoker smells. Clothes, hair, breath and body. Why spend money on nice perfume, when the cigarettes. over power the fresh smell.
sickbyc.gif
:sick:sick

Just a couple of tricks I learned.

Good Luck! Don't give up! YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited:
We have an ashtray for that very purpose... and even after several washes, my clothes are NOT smoke free
sad.png

now I'm addicted to Glade Fresh Scent Fabric Spray... it's SO wonderful.. I spray everything including my clothes...
I've also added regular exercise to the routine & we spend a great deal of the money saved on FRESH LOVELY FOOD, I just love buying fresh food... I did before too but I just didn't have much money for it.

Allthough above is a commercial (about e-cigarettes); and I am going to report it;

It did work for me. I used nicotine-patches to quit. But on once-a-week social gatherings with beer and everyone smoking.. I could use such an e-cigarette (filled with 0 nicotine!) to huff on once in a while to prevent me from asking someone for a cigarette. It helped me to not make a fatal mistake and keep being social. It was needed less over time.

My then partner though I recomended it to when he wanted to quit; he huffed and puffed 24/7 on that thing so much I was like thinking in my head "could you please just smoke again; this is even more unhealthy". He had to refill 2 whole bottles a day; I did 4 months with 1 bottle! Just non-stop lurking on that thing instead of his two cigarettes per hour. He was also not taking care of it. Not cleaning it; not replacing the filter in it; not putting the safety lock on it before putting it in his pocket and burned his thigh! Just NOT following the clear instructions in any way!

It can help; if you do not use it to replace it for smoking; but as an extra tool in hard times. And only the hard times.

I am doing the 1000000 attempt to quit tommorow again. I have been in an unusally crap situation the last.. well 10 years. Last 4 months even harder. So I am now on average not-smoking 3-4 days, then something shitty happends, smoke 1-4 days, quit again.. rinse and repeat.. but I keep trying; still going strong; It is my wish and goal to quit. I hate myself for starting again; But it is okay. Even 3 days a week not smoking is better then 7 smoking. It IS something. And my wish is so strong; I will succeed one day. It will work better in a better situation; but I am proud for the days I managed IN a shitty situation. That is proof I will succeed in the future.

Never stop quitting. I hope you all the best. I like the free app MLC. (my last cigarette I guess?). It is not hip, it looks like something from 1998, but it gives you all kinds of info on how much money you saved, what organ-functions approved. It only has a small bar of commercials on the bottom; that you don't really see. It is old-fashioned; but it does the trick (and jaaaaay because it is old-fashioned they do not throw adds at you or ask money or ask for your location/personal data or send you annoying alerts)

Back
Top Bottom