THE SMOKERS QUIT CAMPAIGN - ADDITONAL NOTES

Quote:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Pretty soon those 20days will be a MONTH!!
celebrate.gif

I wanted to check in with everyone!! How are YOU doing with your quit???
I have to confess, I started smoking again
sad.png
... and then quit.... and then started..... and then quit again

Here are my new figures as of this morning
Time Smoke-Free:40 days, 18 hours, 12 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:815
Money Saved:$205.00

Stats from from quitnet.com.
I signed up there in 2003 I can't believe it has taken me SOOOO long to really get here. And here is a place where I feel that this quit is permanent. I've been off the patches for 20 days now, for some reason I just didn't really need them very long. I still have them, AND losenges just in case but I don't think I'll need them.

Hope you all are doing well too or at least working toward a new quit date
wink.png

Hi and congratulations to everyone who quit! I admire each and every person who has struggled and gave up smoking.
big_smile.png

Yesterday made 2 years 6 months since I quit smoking. Quitting was the hardest thing I ever did in my life! I smoked 2-3packs a day for 26 years. Needless to say my lungs were shot. My family are still amazed I was able to do it because I was such a die hard smoker!! I still do miss it at times such as stressfull events, or one of my triggers I used to have such as driving or if I have a drink, but I will never go back to smoking again. What keeps me from smoking now is that I made a promise to my newborn grandaughter that gamma would never smoke again so I could be around for her as she grew up, and I refuse to break that promise to her. My word to her is forever!!

Good luck to all of you that are still trying to quit and please, NEVER give up! It is very worth it when you do quit. I can breath now, and hardly ever have to use my inhalor that I had to carry around all the time before.
smile.png

Well I just wanted to all of you who are still not smoking Congrats to you all I Know how it feels for sure I am a recovering smoker I smoked for 28 years heavy at times Very heavy for awhile I was up to 3 packs a day, I even woke up in the mornings coughing up blood but still smoked I said oh well time to change brands and that is what I did still smoked though, then one day I went to the doctors with the idea (wife forced she quit some years ago) to quit smoking so I ask and got the new pills they were 300 dollars for the whole deal 12 weeks of pills 1week of starters so I said yeah whatever I will give it a shot I feel that if I quit (Not gonna happen) then the 300 bucks I spend will be a good deal. So I started on the 1 week starter pack day 3 at midnight I put out my cig went to bed woke up day four took the med went eat breakfast did some chores then it hit me I didn't want a smoke nor did I have one today.

after a week I went outside and sat down to get some fresh air weather was getting warmer and (as I said the wife didn't smoke so I smoked outside) I smelled something that smeled so nasty it just stunk really bad something awful I thought we had a dead animal somwhere so I told my wife to come smell this awful smell and she came out the door and "I don't smell anything but your ashtray" (I left it there for guest) well needless to say I threw that and all the others that I had away.

As of April 21 it will be 1 year for me I have saved well over 2k which now will be spent on the Chickens/dogs and wife and belive as I sit here and type this while chewing gum (The gum helps alot instead of grabbing a smoke I reach for my gum now) It was hard to not reach for my pack but what I did is I carried gum around in the same pockets I had carried my smokes in for the first few weeks and i still carried my zippo around for a few weeks now I don't do either getting in the car or after a big meal is still a hard habit to break so I make sure when I get in the car to always have a peice of gum in my mouth but the cravings and habits do go away over time you will feel so much better I know for a fact you will breath better, before I quit I couldn't walk the acre to the mailbox without breathing hard and taking a break in the middle just to catch my breath to and from now I could jog there and back and not even think twice about it. I'm starting to get my taste buds back when I say this I mean it trust me the foods you like while you smoke may not be the foods you like once you quit (I.E. I loved peachcobbler as a smoker now I won't even touch it ) all food taste different to me now that I quit sometimes I try things to see if I would like it now and alot of times I do whenas a smoker I would eat if you payed me to do it.

If anyone needs help on this matter from a recovering smoker please feel free to e-mail me or pm me.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL and any who are doing this now belive in yourself and you shall overcome this,Belive in yourself and other will belive in you.

Congrats to all that have quit. congrats to all that keep trying and trying and trying. If you want it bad enough it will happen!

I smoked for 31 years. I liked it. I knew I had to quit. I went through all the tips and tricks. I used the RX patches from the doc. It was a one month script. and $$$. I used the patches for one week. Made up my mind I would not spend that kind of money again. I didn't. It has been 26 years now that i am off the nasty things. If I had saved all that money i spent on smoking. I could have paid cash for a house with all that money. I just can't see how anyone can afford to buy them today.

Ladies, I carry multi wrinkles on my upper lip from taking a drag and or holding a cig. in my lips, while doing a chore. Start looking at womans mouth and you can spot a long time smoker!

I am very upset about how the cigarettes were shown to portray the classic thing to do. Look at the old movies. Some of the actresses put one cig out and lit another. sometimes, lit it off the short one. All the movie stars smoked. Didn't you just want to start smoking. There was ever candy cigarettes to practice smoking when I was young. I grew up smoking with two hands. Tobacco company's loved smokers like me. 31 years of steady money coming in.

It is EASY TO QUIT! The Hard Part is Staying OFF OF THEM! I made up my mind at last that when the bad craving was over. I never wanted to go threw that again. So i just gave myself a good talk and JUST SAID NO!

I can not stand the smell of them now. I don't even want people stinking up the outside air. Like trying to walk into a store when folks are standing around outside smoking. Pass by them and much later you can smell the smoke on yourself and in your hair..
tongue.gif
:tongue:tongue

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom