The stock market looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping my head down:
getAsset.aspx

Yea, the entire economy 'bites the bigone' right now. It doesn't look like it is going to get better anytime soon.
I have been cutting my horse herd down. Just placed my 'favorite' mare that I bred and raised from a foal. Nothing wrong with her and she rides....just couldn't sell her. Life is not good for us right now.

I agree that it's not going to get any better any time soon. It really is going to get worse.

My thoughts and advice to everyone is to get out of as much debt as possible as quickly as you can and don't go into anymore unnecessary debt. The less money that you have tied up in loans or credit cards at this point, the better.
wink.png

***I would like to add a word of caution about this thread at this point. Lets keep this civil people.***

If there is one bright spot in this crumby economy it is the fact that more people appreciate their jobs. It seems that personal service is making a comeback in stores and markets now days. When I go into a store now it seems like the floor employees are truely glad you are there.

Doug

I have WHAT in my yard? :

You ain't seen nothing yet. Buckle up - it's gonna get bumpy.

Check out this site if you want to get the picture.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

All together it is long, but it is in bite size chunks and well worth the time.

Good advice, and a lot of us here are somewhere along the line of getting prepared, but keeping our chickens, and growing food.

The financial stuff is also important. Governments keep making promises but I think we are in uncharted territory right now.

best we all do what we can in our own small way I guess, and make the distinction between what is possible and what is not.

Al we can do is be informed and do our best.​

If any of you have 401k's you should be sure your funds are in bonds or money markets vs stocks. They pay a lot less but right now most of the mutual funds which are stocks and make up most of the offerings for 401k's are doing real bad, If you left your money in those too long and are hoping it will come back your dreaming. Meanwhile it just keeps going out the door. I switched mine over right before the markets started crashing. I'm glad I did. If I lose my job I'll have something to fall back on instead of a bunch of statements showing where it all went.

I agree it's scary and going to be bad....but instead of just gloom and doom, I'm looking at some of the good that might come out of this. For instance my neighbors are all chipping in on garden projects so we can "share the wealth" so to speak. It is bringing people together to help eachother out...kind of like the good old days. I know there will be folks that become desperate, I'm betting that crime and theft may increase, but I'm choosing to also look at this as an chance to learn how to be more self sufficient, how to get to know my neighbors and go back to the good old days a little bit. I am baking and cooking from scratch and saving lots of money doing it, and I have to say we are eating better then we used to.

My husband lost two days a week and is now drawing partial unemployment. I thought it was going to be horrible, but we decided we could buck up and deal with it and stop listening to all the true and false media reports and just live our lives. So far so good. In fact it's actually been kind of fun to figure out how to find the best deals at the store, we are noticing prices coming down in restaurants and lots of buy one get one free deals.

It's all about your smarts and your attitude, we will get through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom