the sultan thread

Here are my two girls! I decided to trim their crests and legs a bit because they were having issues seeing and getting muddy.

Here is Genevieve, pre-crest trim. I just love how well sultans pose for the camera!

And here is Jasmine with her before and after pics. She is still finishing up her first molt, and it looks like she was getting in a HUGE full crest! Unfortunately she was getting skittish and wasn't able to see with that full hairdo, so I trimmed it. She loves being trimmed, and immediately perked up afterward :)

And this was her pre-molt just because she's a pretty little thing :)
So cute! Mine are just starting to look slightly better after some truly ugly weeks, LOL. The coop is full of feathers and I am lucky to get an egg once in a while out of 8 girls. This will be my first full winter with these girls, so I'm wondering if they'll start up laying again once their molt is finished???

Only if you provide supplemental lighting. Otherwise, they will rest until the daylight increases to about 12 hours again :)

harper, if i had fertile Sultan eggs, I sure would do that! My rooster 'Bird leaves them alone that goodness. He would kill them. He's 9 pounds.
barnie.gif

Updated pics. She is fill out nicely and looking better than the last pics I posted when it wouldn't stop raining. Do y'all still say pullet?

The family photo.... They just posed like this when I was out taking pics.

Back
Top Bottom