the sultan thread

TY!

Here is a group we just moved from brooder to main room cage now so we can bond and enjoy them for a while watching them feather out, shhhhh, it's naptime! Dreamy will be playing mommy for a bit since she's older and soooo sweet!

Just a quick question. Im going to be usinga sultan to make my own white polish, after a couple years of selective breeding of course to get rid of the extra toe and leg feathers and get type back, since white polish are pretty rare, and almost all of them are related.

Is the white of the sultan a dominant or recessive white?

Just a quick question. Im going to be usinga sultan to make my own white polish, after a couple years of selective breeding of course to get rid of the extra toe and leg feathers and get type back, since white polish are pretty rare, and almost all of them are related.

Is the white of the sultan a dominant or recessive white?

We bred polish roo to sultan hens and got 95+% black, we call them Pultans and they are big sellers, people love them!...They're like Polish Plus with feathered feet, cuffs and beards!

We then bred Sultan roo with polish hen and the first just hatched and has much more white on it, I'll post a pic shortly...So, either way we got lots of black, but much less with a Sultan roo compared to polish roo...Hope that helps some...

Last edited:
I got one Sultan chick in my most recent order. I named her Winky because she falls asleep really easily. She also loves being held. She fights for like a second when I pick her up then settles in my hand and falls asleep. She's almost a month old now. These are a few pics I took over the past few weeks.

I got one Sultan chick in my most recent order. I named her Winky because she falls asleep really easily. She also loves being held. She fights for like a second when I pick her up then settles in my hand and falls asleep. She's almost a month old now. These are a few pics I took over the past few weeks.

She's got great feathering going on, I'm very partial to the feet, I love that one 'tear drop' shaped feather they all seem to get on their foot, seems one on each and that's it! And aren't they so tiny when babies!?!?! We still look at the eggs and can't believe a fully formed anything comes out of them!

These are our current babies just under a month old, they're with an older Sultan(Dreamy), our future Gold Laced Polish breeder pair, an extra GLP hen, a silver duckwing and a Pultan, just snapped these;

Last edited:
She's got great feathering going on, I'm very partial to the feet, I love that one 'tear drop' shaped feather they all seem to get on their foot, seems one on each and that's it! And aren't they so tiny when babies!?!?! We still look at the eggs and can't believe a fully formed anything comes out of them!
She's my very first Sultan. I just couldn't resist getting one in my latest batch of chicks. I hope she remains a she. I got her sexed but I'm always stressed out about every chick until they pop out their first egg. I always get all different breeds so no one gets singled out for looking different because they all look different. She has a polish and a silkie to share hair style tips with. I also have other feather footed breeds, I'm really drawn to feathered feet/legs and beards and muffs. I got really lucky this time and the silkie and polish I got in this batch look like they will both be bearded as well. The last silkie and polish I had were both non-bearded.

She's my very first Sultan. I just couldn't resist getting one in my latest batch of chicks. I hope she remains a she. I got her sexed but I'm always stressed out about every chick until they pop out their first egg. I always get all different breeds so no one gets singled out for looking different because they all look different. She has a polish and a silkie to share hair style tips with. I also have other feather footed breeds, I'm really drawn to feathered feet/legs and beards and muffs. I got really lucky this time and the silkie and polish I got in this batch look like they will both be bearded as well. The last silkie and polish I had were both non-bearded.
That's what we love about Sultan, it has every possible feathering available!!!! Love the hair sharing tips with silks and polish, I could picture that right away, too funny!

And we're the same, other than Sebright, we have nothing but feathered and crested chicken!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom