The Sussex thread!

Pics
Quote:
Oh Good! But kinda sad, too. I know if I have roo, will be trouble but I wanted to have my own chicks, too
smile.png

I don't think I can handle 200chickens, but sure sounds fun! I wish I could have more!

46190_chickens_august_2010_028.jpg
46190_chickens_august_2010_029.jpg
Here are a few of my speckles sussex girls. I had inquired before about how well they lay and all..hmmm maybe 6 months ago. My first hatch with the incubator was not so successful so my room mate went out and brought me 6 speckled sussex babies. It was a breed I was interested in. Now that I have been on this thread reading and seeing all those pretty pics. I have decided next year to get a rooster and put them in a seperate pen. right now, they are with my EE's..but I have got to have a pure stock of them... Thanks guys for enabling me...LOL

Quote:
Thanks so much...that made my day. One reason I want a full flock of them. They are some of the most beautiful birds...and I understand they lay quite well also.

Yes, you do have some nice looking pullets there.

Has anyone checked out the http://americansussexbreeders.webs.com website lately or ever at all???.

This is a New Club founded by some of the BYC members and most are also on the Board of Directors, You do not have to be a breeder to join. You can have 0 to 100 everyone is welcome, But Please Beware once you get Sussex Chickens you will be HOOKED.

Thanks for checking us out. Steve

Last edited:
Our Speckled Sussex lay a medium egg. They have been laying for five months and eggs are almost "large", which is 2 oz. They look pretty small next to the ginormous ones from the ISAs and Black stars.

Back
Top Bottom