The Sussex thread!

Pics
Tic Tac looks like a boy... The females generally have more white than the males as well(depends on the line/where you got them from).

Nate

Last edited:
They are just look like my girls.... Oh I hope they are girls....
No eggs yet so can't tell really.

Some of mine have really low voice than others.
Maybe that's what you hear??

57324_011.jpg

#1, Bumbum

57324_010.jpg

#2, Chobi

57324_009.jpg

From left, #3 Sushi, #4 Suzume, #5 Kyururu(back) and #6 Ponyo(front)

What do you think??

#2 is the only one that I am venturing a GUESS on and I say ROO. PLEASE, remember that I screwed up Tic Tac. With #2, I think I am seeing pointy saddle feathers which is what I am basing my guess on.

Quote:
Those look like girls to me! But do you see how the girls have the speckling all over, even on the hackle feathers they have a white dot on the tip. Males dont get the white dot on the pointy neck feathers usually, but been over 5 years since I have had any Speckled Sussex... They are back on my wish list, after I get done importing some more birds in 2011.

Nate

SFIcelandics - - -

I have a roo (Tic Tac) and a sweet girl (smore). Plus, I am going today to get another little girl. So, let me know when you are ready for some more speckled sussex . . . . .
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I am sure by then I'll have
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
chicks all over the place
duc.gif

As I open my refrigerator door and see 3 dozen eggs - - - - I may even have Extra Hatching eggs I could ship you - - -
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif

Dang all this chicken math. . . Just wanted a few chickens to get my own eggs from. . . . 18 chickens
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
later . . .
OMG, WHAT WAS I THINKING
idunno.gif

Quote:
18 chickens later... I wish I had your feed bill... Right now I have about 10 times more chickens than you! I have over 200 birds right now, plus about 100-120 eggs in the incubator to hatch in the next 2 weeks.

Nate

Quote:
Nate - - What Were YOU Thinking ? ? ? Surely, you were not thinking FRESH EGGS for Breakfast ! !
I refuse to get an incubator because it would just get me into more chiken math trouble
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom