The Sussex thread!

Hi,

I have only 1 Sussex left right now. She is a beautiful Mahogany Speckled old gal and I just love her. I am planning on getting a few more. The ones I have had have been good layers and very sweet birds. Sorry I don't have a picture of her at the moment.

Hi,

I have only 1 Sussex left right now. She is a beautiful Mahogany Speckled old gal and I just love her. I am planning on getting a few more. The ones I have had have been good layers and very sweet birds. Sorry I don't have a picture of her at the moment.

She sounds sweet. I only have one speckled sussex girl left and she is about 3 yrs now and still a great layer. I have a 1 yr old silver sussex hen and she is really super huge compared to the speckled girl. Like twice her size lol. My speckled one is a hatchery girls so maybe that's the difference.

Johnn - I still have major barn envy ! ha ha

Hope my ss pullets turn out that pretty. Are they like millies and get more white after a moult ? I don't care, just curious.

Johnn - I still have major barn envy ! ha ha

Hope my ss pullets turn out that pretty. Are they like millies and get more white after a moult ? I don't care, just curious.
Thanks! :) I think they get whiter the older they get, but not sure...

Ok, so I felt totally like a new mom the other day. I felt this lump on my 4 week old SS chick and thought after reading that she had sour crop. Give her olive oil and apple cider vinegar and it was gone the next morning. The very next night I noticed the same lump on all my chicks(5). After further reading and consideration and the fact that they all were normal by morning, I realized I was being an over-anxious mom. Lol!

This is Biscuit, my spring SS!!! She is such a good girl......I Love her, I never expected them to be such an Awesome Breed!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom