The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread!

Pics
I should have a few svart hona chicks for sale in about another week. I will be asking $75 each plus shipping. Thanks cdv

thought i would chime in its been a while since i have been on here...thanks again bryce for the birds...a few of the roosters are starting to get flaws...like the mulberry and one has white feathers coming in...and also they are getting very aggressive...they killed one rooster...and the rooster they killed was a very nice one..bummer...so i am throwing the roosters into free range except the keepers...hope all is well everyone

I have two other roosters, an American Longtail and a Bielefelder. This guy may be half their size but he whipped em pretty quickly upon introduction to the flock.

thanks bryce...i did take all the roosters except one and they are free ranging now with about 60 birds...so i have one male to three females....the roosters seem to like the wide open space...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have three beautiful roos I do not need for my breeding program. Two are all black save for their the skin on their throats that are mulberry colored (all black toes/toe nails).

The last of the three has some silver leakage and is BEAUTIFUL. If I had more space I would play around with breeding his feathering -I want to see him get into the right hands :)
They are direct from Bryce at Ewe Crazy and are a mix of his line with GFF.

Included are pictures of them all, I am in Sebastopol CA and do not ship but would be happy to have someone come pick them up for a fair price.

getting bigger....thanks again bryce from ewe crazy farm...loving the birds....anyone have experience with keeping them out of sunlight....and that making a difference in their wattles and such staying darker because of it...just a thought...but none of the ones including the ones from gff....are getting the lighter colors...maybe its because they are still to young....who knows..only time will tell...but i dont let them get sunlight unless it reaches them in the a.m....when the tarps dont cover the light...hoping they stay this dark...you can really see the shimmer of purples/greens....on these birds already...its so pretty....so unique

My group is also from Bryce and the same age as yours. I have mine in a nice large tractor in our pasture and they do have access to direct sunlight throughout the day if they wish - all are dark like motor oil, happy, sweet, easily handled. The females like to come up to me and squint when they look at me like they are either stoned or trying to recognize my face, it is the oddest chicken behavior I have seen out of my breeds :)

Back
Top Bottom