The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

I suppose it's possible that they could be basically "California White", under a different name..
Can't wait to see how they turn out!

And I hope your local TSC's get them, call and check with them a few times.
smile.png

Here is my Tetra tint "Tetra" simply named because of my husband thinking I bought a fish from TSC
roll.png

Here she is when we got her
78308_tetratint.jpg

And her at 3 weeks, this was after her little adventure around the yard!
78308_tetra3wks.jpg

I have to say she is the most adventurous of all the chicks I have, the first to jump out of the coop and the first to try treats! Though she is not on top of the pecking order, she seems to try to be neutral there. Will try to post a more recent picture today, since she is now a month old!!

these look exactly like the "white leghorns" I picked up that were the feature breed this week at tsc. I will try to post pics in a few. Maybe they are tetras?

here are my "white leghorns" Can you tell any difference between a tetra tint and white leghorns? What do you think these are?
81980_sprintphoto_bft0y4.jpg

81980_sprintphoto_b5flp4.jpg

81980_sprintphoto_bsvcx4.jpg

The tsc store had them marked feature breed and told me they were white leghorns:rolleyes:

Here are some better shots of my Tetra tint TETRA. She seems to have more color than some of the other Tetra tints on here!
78308_tetra4wks.jpg

78308_ttintfront.jpg
This front shot showing off her beige chest

78308_ttintback.jpg
You can see her black spots on her head and one by her tail

Quote:
Yeah, could be cornish or leghorn crosses. If they have truly been bred for nothign but massive egg production they will probably have short lives as they will burn out fast. I prefer mixed use birds who lay at a slower rate but for much longer. One of my Wyandottes is 6 and still lays 4 to 5 eggs a week.

Back
Top Bottom