The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Really? Mine are the other way around. Maybe because my tetras are young I hope.They are just 5 weeks old and I purchased them from tractor supply. I have been holding each one once a day and they are still afraid of me, I did the same with my comets last year when I got them and they loved to be held and always come when called. I have 12 of them.I hope my tetras come around.I figured if I buy different chicks every spring of the same breed I can remember there ages easier to know who is slowing down laying as time goes on.
idunno.gif

Mine are 3.5 weeks old. I have 1 who is still timid, but I can't keep the other 2 off of me. None of my comets are as friendly, though one will occasionally voluntarily jump up in my hand.
idunno.gif

I just bought one little yellow tetra from my local store (not from TSC, while I like that store too many unsexed breeds for my taste) and he said they got them because they were becoming more popular, go figure! Mine is only 3 days old but a very pale yellow color of all her fluffy down right now :) can't wait to see how she looks in a few weeks!

I just moved my 5 week old tetras to the coop with my year old comets. Hope all goes well tonight. I used a metal dog pen to divide the chicken coop so they can see each other but cant fight if they want to.I had the tetras outside in a pen for a week so they could see each other and that went really well the comets like to stay around the pen with them. Got my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

Interesting information here.

I bought Tetra Tints 2 years ago from Mt Healthy Hatchery here on Ohio.
They are one of my favorite hens, very friendly, great layers, excellent feed conversion.

I have had 2 of my 3 go broody last year, 1 was broody twice! They were excellent mothers.

Does anyone sell TT hatching eggs?

These are our 3-week-old Tetra Tints ... Thing 2 has a slightly longer tail than Thing 1, otherwise they are pretty much identical, hence their names! Cockerels or Pullets??

Just popping in to say the 6 tetra tints I got from TSC are doing awesome, even tho they are a week younger then the others i got they are so big right now. I did notice today that one has darker legs, they look almost green, is that normal? The others legs are the normal bright orange color.

Just popping in to say the 6 tetra tints I got from TSC are doing awesome, even tho they are a week younger then the others i got they are so big right now. I did notice today that one has darker legs, they look almost green, is that normal? The others legs are the normal bright orange color.

green legs are normal. have to find a picture of the green legged one I had. I know its somewhere in this thread.....

Back
Top Bottom