The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
My babies hatched March 24th, which makes them 12 weeks old. I'm not expecting any eggs from them until August. I have on RIR that is very large and her face is already very red. She might lay sooner, but the rest are still kids. ;)

About 3 weeks ago I started introducing the pullets into the coop at night with the other hens. At first there was a little pecking, but no fights. After about 3 days some of the pullets were roosting next to the hens. Everyone gets along fine in the coop. I have to get up by 7 to let them all out to free range. During the day the two groups usually stay in separate areas. All in all the integration went really smoothly. We have a huge Wheaten Marans that can be really bossy. It is hilarious at night to see a little pullet cuddled up next to her on the chicken ladder.

My wife and got three tetra tints last year. They were easy to rasie, laid back less flighty then some of our other breeds. Very pleased with their egg production this year. Would be a valuable addition to anyones flock.
Hi kenandkat!

Could you post pictures of your tetra tints, I would love to see what they look like all grown up! I have not been able to find any pictures of full grown Tetra Tints. Mine are about 10 weeks old now, I am very curious to fee what they will look like when they are full grown!

Thank you!!!!

My 3 tetras hatched 3/18. I wasn't expecting eggs for another month, at least. 2 of mine are similar in size to my comets, hatched same dayn one is smaller. Friendliest birds in the flock right now (cochins, a hamburg, and a sultan with them right now).

3 yr old hen.

3 yr old hen.
Thank you for sharing the picture!! I am hoping that as mine grow up and their combs develop I will be able to tell them apart. They are about 10 weeks old now and look so much alike I cannot tell who is who.

Hi everyone! These are our four Tetra Tints we just got today (they are almost four months old). I haven't named them yet, because it is impossible to tell them apart! Think I might just call them "the Tetras"

Does any one happen to have a male Tetra Tint?

I bought 6 Pullets about 10 weeks ago so they are probably about 11 weeks now. Today I noticed one of them has a much bigger and redder comb and bigger and redder waddles. "She" was also making a "brr brr brrrrrr" sound over and over again that got higher pitched at the end. None of my other chickens have been making that sound.

I am wondering if a rooster was accidentally slipped in with my pullets. I would greatly appreciate any info, I am new at the whole chicken thing.

Thanks much!!!

Could these girls be Tetra Tints? We got them as yellow pullets from TSC...

ETA: I just noticed that is the same chicken that's on my cat in my profile pic. :)

Last edited:

I just got my first egg from my tetra tints. They just turned 16 wks so I didn't expect any this soon. I thought they were suppose to be white? Mine looks brown with lots of white spots and feels rough. I purchased them from tractor supply this year .Look at my egg pic and tell me what you think?
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom