The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Hi everyone.Ii just got 2 tetras last week. Im not sure exactly how old they are, possibly 15-19 weeks. They haven't laid yet. I'm just wondering when to expect them to lay... I guess my question is do their combs and waddles turn really red when they are close to lay? Right now the combs are pretty small and peachy going on reddish.

Looks like a "beginning layer" egg - they tend to be speckled and rough. Things should "normalize" in the next week or so. Thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for my Tetra tint hen to start laying any day now. She's almost 15 weeks and seems so much more intelligent and independent than the RIR mixes I have.

Has anyone gotten brown eggs from tetras? Or mine something other .Tractor supply said they were tetras and they look like them only I am getting brown eggs.

idunno.gif

Someone else got a brown egg as well... a few posts above yours. Tetra Tints are half Road Island Red so I would imagine it is not all that unusual for them to lay brown eggs.

My guess is they could go either way, brown or white. Tetra tints are half White Leghorn (white egg layers) and half Road Island Red (brown egg layers) so maybe it is 50/ 50. I am waiting to see what color eggs my 6 tetra tints lay!

Just my luck.I wanted white eggs.I now have 17 hens laying brown eggs. I was told they would lay white so I purchased 6 tetras and they are all laying brown. My husband will not eat brown eggs I don't know why
somad.gif
. Hens anyone? lol

Back
Top Bottom