The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
My Tetra Tints are 18 weeks old right now. What I've learned about them: They Fly. High. They're Fast! Super fast - like outrun a bear fast (don't ask how I know this). They're not aggressive, but neither are they submissive. They're curious. They are not lap birds.

Expecting eggs any day now. I'll post egg pics soon, hopefully.

Previously posted on sex and gender thread and someone suggested that the white one could be a tetra tint. She has golden buff highlights on her chest and a few black smut spots. The other two I thought were red sex link, but looking at pics of RSL's, they look similar to tetra brown's. I had never heard of the Tetra's before, so wondering if anyone else thinks they could be Tetra's. I'm just copying/pasting my original post. Thanks!!

"So, I had three wayward chickens show up at 4 am a few nights ago. I have no idea on age, but I am guessing they are between 12-14 weeks as I currently have 10 week old pullets who are a bit smaller and they are a couple inches shorter than my 1 yr old hens. I am thinking that there are two red sex links and maybe a white leghorn? The white is a little smutty. I was thinking that they were pullets, but the reds have some long tail feathers sticking off. If they were cockerels though, I thought that they would have much more white if they really are red sex links. They are very sweet and quiet. I am torn on everything: age, sex, breed. Any help? Thanks!!"

The white one looks like my tetra but I don't know about the others.
hu.gif

I just bought 2 tetra pullets. I think they are about 3 months old
I was told they would lay a rose colored egg. You are saying the eggs will be cream colored
Do you know how long it will be before they start laying?

Previously posted on sex and gender thread and someone suggested that the white one could be a tetra tint. She has golden buff highlights on her chest and a few black smut spots. The other two I thought were red sex link, but looking at pics of RSL's, they look similar to tetra brown's. I had never heard of the Tetra's before, so wondering if anyone else thinks they could be Tetra's. I'm just copying/pasting my original post. Thanks!! "So, I had three wayward chickens show up at 4 am a few nights ago. I have no idea on age, but I am guessing they are between 12-14 weeks as I currently have 10 week old pullets who are a bit smaller and they are a couple inches shorter than my 1 yr old hens. I am thinking that there are two red sex links and maybe a white leghorn? The white is a little smutty. I was thinking that they were pullets, but the reds have some long tail feathers sticking off. If they were cockerels though, I thought that they would have much more white if they really are red sex links. They are very sweet and quiet. I am torn on everything: age, sex, breed. Any help? Thanks!!"
looks like a TT and golden comet pullets

I just bought 2 tetra pullets. I think they are about 3 months old

I was told they would lay a rose colored egg. You are saying the eggs will be cream colored
Do you know how long it will be before they start laying?

TT lay eggs that are colored from white to dark brown.

these are from when my girls started laying. They were around 3-4 months old. If you search around this thread you can find some others pictures of eggs.

Here's mine. Had to clip flight feathers from one wing as she is an avid flier and would vault the fences daily to wander elsewhere. She had taken to roosting in the garage on the bicycle handlebars then discovered she preferred the garage door railing. Now with wing clipped she is back to roosting on the handlebars. Seems brighter than my production reds who are a year older and have only this month quit bossing her around. She is now their size and I expect she will start laying any day now.

Last edited:
Awe... She's beautiful!!!! I'm thinking what we bought as tetra tints are actually leghorns. Hubby discovered blue/green ears yesterday and so far white eggs from both of my babies daily. I just looked out the back door and one of them, probably Houdini, levitated above the raised nesting house and just settled up there to enjoy the view! I just love these birds regardless of the breed. Everyone enjoy your tetra tints... I'm forced to move to the leghorn threads ! However, my golden comets are the most precious things I've encountered so I will be on that thread too! I'm a PROUD MAMA!!!

Back
Top Bottom