The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Congrats, that's great!
smile.png
Can't wait to see the pics!

Quote:

Yeah, mine too. I have one with black feathers coming it. Definitely not artificial/marker! lol
lau.gif

Quote:
I got one of the ones with a black spot on the head, but she is now 6 weeks old and still has the black spot on her head (feathers are black) plus a few on her body. She looks like a girl to me so
hu.gif

See what you started
smile.png
I am now trying to find some of these guys we have no TSC here so Sunshyne I will be relying on you to hatch me some (please) or eggs if they breed true. On another note I think the guy at TSC was feeding the buyer a line.

Quote:
Sure would, if I have a roo in the bunch, and as you said, if they breed true!
smile.png

They are all suppose to be pullets (unless they make a mistake or 2! lol)..
Mt. Healthy Hatchery would make a LOT more money if they'd sell Tetra Tint's
to a variety of farm stores, not just TSC. OR, if they'd sell thought their website.
The closest Tractor Supply to you would be in Cali.

These "tetra tints" look exactly like my "austra whites" that I got from efowl.com - they are a cross between an Australorp & a white leghorn, and they are mostly white, single comb, and the chicks had some tiny black spots on them - they are are now about 8 weeks, and they have a bit of black/grayish splotches near the bases of their tails, but other than that, mostly white. They're supposed to be heavy producers of off-white or tinted white eggs. Wonder if these "tetra tints" are the same cross?

ETA: my very first chickens came from Mt. Healthy and they were awesome - some EEs and some...gosh, I think a production breed. The EEs were the largest I've EVER owned, and I've gotten them from 4 different hatcheries now.

Last edited:
I travel to California frequently I will see where TSC are at. Thanks
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

to a variety of farm stores, not just TSC. OR, if they'd sell thought their website.

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

You're very welcome!
big_smile.png

(http://www.tractorsupply.com/StoreByStateView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10001)

Quote:
smile.png

Could be that someone was messing around with the genetics and went oops, look what I created. I had this same discussion about breeding earlier in this thread page 10 and 11. So if anyone has roo lets see what the offspring would turn out to be:)
Anyways I finially evicted the Chickies from the gargage
83182_photo0323.jpg

checking out the new digs
83182_photo0320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom