The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I think your "assorted red pullets" just might be Golden Comets. Also a TSC standard. I haven't found much on these bird either. We have 3 Tetra Tints (all white, no spots of other color) 3 Golden Comets and 3 Silky bantums, all purchaced in late april from a NY TSC and the stores in this are have no idea about the birds either. I do agree with the wonderful tempermant. Of our 9 birds the Tetra Tints are the most likely to sit in your hand and be petted.

81782_101.jpg

The chicks that I had thought to be Tetra Tints...I found out they are white leghorns...bummer! I really liked the look of the tetra's!
sad.png

I do like the leghorns thought!

OK so I thought leghorns were not cold hardy for our zone? I thought to make em cold hardy they bred em with cold hardy birds like RIR. Thus the invention of the Tetra tint. No?

Looks Like They Could Be A Mix Of Whatever They Havent Sold With A Catchy Name So People Will Think They Are Getting Something Eggstra Special. Looks To Be A Mix Of Comets, Amberlinks, Cornish, And Leghorns. Mt Healthy Is Probably Just Getting Someone To Breed A Bunch Of Mutts/hybrids To Start A New Designer Dog Syndrome. But Whatever They Are, They Are Great. It Doesnt Matter What Breed Of Chickens You Own, It Only Matters That You Own Chickens.

Quote:
guessing hybrid until breeding the accidental roos to the hens proves otherwise...

(all chicks would have to be uniform "everything", and just like the parents)

so if there was a mating and some got yellow shanks (legs) and others got white, or some matured in 12ish weeks and others matured in 30- then they are clearly a hybrid...

E.G.Glayer :

Looks Like They Could Be A Mix Of Whatever They Havent Sold With A Catchy Name So People Will Think They Are Getting Something Eggstra Special. Looks To Be A Mix Of Comets, Amberlinks, Cornish, And Leghorns. Mt Healthy Is Probably Just Getting Someone To Breed A Bunch Of Mutts/hybrids To Start A New Designer Dog Syndrome. But Whatever They Are, They Are Great. It Doesnt Matter What Breed Of Chickens You Own, It Only Matters That You Own Chickens.

thumbsup.gif
I agree!!!​

My two from TSC, I also started a post yesterday asking what they are. I have been getting answers from tetras, amber links, and even cornish meaties. They are slightly bigger than the other 6 and seem to do everything 1st.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom