The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Quote:
She came out of a bin that had Red Pullets and Tetra Tints, but she was the only one with spots. The lady at TSC said that the ones with black dots were the Tetra Tints (that is what her packing slip said, I got a quick glance at it) I don't know what the other white ones were in there
idunno.gif

While I dont yet know to much about chicks I got all mine at TSC. Ended up with 4 Tetras to begin and 25 more today due to the deal they gave me. They all have black dots.

The first batch

004.jpg

and the ones today

001.jpg

Looking @ that box full of chicks, the one thing that stands out is all the black spots. Now looking back at other pics of older Tetras, clearly there are are no signs of the black spots. They feather in completely white with the exception of 2 pics I have seen with a little bit of buff around the neck or shoulders.
This gos to the much earlier debate re: TSC gets its chicks from Mt Healthy hatcheries. Someone @ the hatchery assigns the black dots with a permanent marker, during the sexing. That is what the hatchery told TSC. There has been so much discussion & speculation on here re: Tetras, what are they, and how did they come to be?, I will be glad when we get definitive information from someone like the American Poultry Association and end the mystery once & for all.

Why would the Black dots have to come from a permanent marker, during the sexing, why couldn't be a "breed" trite?

Breed's that are white unicolor pied/mottled like a Exchequer Leghorn are born White with small Black spots on them.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom