The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Quote:
The spots has nothing to do with the sex I have seen the Roosters and the Hens have Black spots, I believe it is a "breed" trite and you are correct Pullet is a young Female.
wink.png

Chris

If you do some crossing between a White Leghorn, Ancona and a Rhode Island Red you will get a White fowl that has some Gold leakage as adults and as chicks they would be White (some with Black spots), some having Black spots on the feet and shanks also they would be Sex-linked.

Chris

Quote:
I got one of the ones with a black spot on the head, but she is now 6 weeks old and still has the black spot on her head (feathers are black) plus a few on her body. She looks like a girl to me so
hu.gif

Its seems to be a breed trait...
Read that they are white leghorn x RIR. One BYCer has done this cross and the look like Tetra tints white with gold leakage and some with black spots. I don't know how white they are suppose to appear but mine are very ivory colored and the one I have with the gold leakage is getting golder by the day.

There is one thing that keep me from believing that there purely a Leghorn x RIR cross The leg color of some of the chicks. Some of the chick have a greenish color to shanks with some blacks on there shanks also. You don't get that from crossing two Yellow legged fowl.
wink.png
There has to be more in the cross maybe Ancona...

Chris

I don't know why. I was just relaying yet another theory. The store doesn't know. The hatchery doesn't know. Everyones speculating. Some are even arguing. I'm just saying I for one would like to know from an "expert" once and for all. That way if someone asks me, I can answer with confidence that I am giving them correct information.
Have a nice day!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom