The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Quote:
They're definately straight run. I'm glad I only bought 6. I'm going to give them another month to confirm sex and then cull the cockerels.
hmm.png

Quote:
Ht. Healthy isn't breeding this breed there self. They are the middle man or a broker if you will. I would think the are getting them from Bábolna TETRA Ltd. http://www.babolnatetra.com/termekek_en.html

Chris

Thanks for the info. Mt Healthy had to change the date of my shipment of EEs (granted it was 3 years ago) since they had a short hatch. Thus, my assumption on all their breeds.

Quote:
That green leg thing came up when I crossed my BO roo with a Leghorn hen. Two of the chicks had green legs. Ones faded out and the other is dark green. With that white body it really looks wierd. She is 11 wks old now.

Quote:
That green leg thing came up when I crossed my BO roo with a Leghorn hen. Two of the chicks had green legs. Ones faded out and the other is dark green. With that white body it really looks wierd. She is 11 wks old now.

That green leg thing came up when I crossed my BO roo with a Leghorn hen. Two of the chicks had green legs. Ones faded out and the other is dark green. With that white body it really looks wierd. She is 11 wks old now

Please don't take this the wrong way but, this makes me think that one of the parent stock was no pure. By any chance was both of the green legged chicks pullets?
White Leg breed crossed with a Yellow leg breed will result in all offspring having White legs.

Chris​

Wanted to post my TT girls at 12 weeks.. They are the SWEETEST things!!

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9459-1.jpg

IMG_9464.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

Hard to believe 12 weeks ago they were....

IMG_8989-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That's interesting as TSC was selling them as sexed pullets. May need some money back. I got 47 of them.

I can see me taking a box of cockerels back to my TSC..

"Hi Chris ( the team leader), I need to return these. I have a receipt."
frow.gif

Quote:

That green leg thing came up when I crossed my BO roo with a Leghorn hen. Two of the chicks had green legs. Ones faded out and the other is dark green. With that white body it really looks wierd. She is 11 wks old now

Please don't take this the wrong way but, this makes me think that one of the parent stock was no pure. By any chance was both of the green legged chicks pullets?
White Leg breed crossed with a Yellow leg breed will result in all offspring having White legs.

Chris​

I know for sure the one with the dk green is almost a black green and yes it is a pullet. But I was checking at night with a flashlight. I couldn't find the other one. I'll try tomorrow to see if I can find one with a hint of green.

Back
Top Bottom