The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Quote:
That green leg thing came up when I crossed my BO roo with a Leghorn hen. Two of the chicks had green legs. Ones faded out and the other is dark green. With that white body it really looks wierd. She is 11 wks old now

Please don't take this the wrong way but, this makes me think that one of the parent stock was no pure. By any chance was both of the green legged chicks pullets?
White Leg breed crossed with a Yellow leg breed will result in all offspring having White legs.

Chris​

I know for sure the one with the dk green is almost a black green and yes it is a pullet. But I was checking at night with a flashlight. I couldn't find the other one. I'll try tomorrow to see if I can find one with a hint of green.

No Problem.

Chris

Hi all,

My Tetra's are starting to get full plumage on their bellies and their tails. I'm not quite sure how to tell the difference in a rooster or pullets by the tail when theyre this young. Anybody have any help? The Bantam Silkies look like cotton balls and some have SIX toes on each foot?!?!! From what I''m reading this isn't a way to tell male or female but is a genetic mutation. The chicks are all doing well and I hope they continue to do so.

Quote:

Please don't take this the wrong way but, this makes me think that one of the parent stock was no pure. By any chance was both of the green legged chicks pullets?
White Leg breed crossed with a Yellow leg breed will result in all offspring having White legs.

Chris

I know for sure the one with the dk green is almost a black green and yes it is a pullet. But I was checking at night with a flashlight. I couldn't find the other one. I'll try tomorrow to see if I can find one with a hint of green.

No Problem.

Chris

Well I went out and checked. the only one with green tint to the legs is the other pullet. The other 5 are all males with white feet. Does that mean they got it from the hen or the roo??

Quote:
No Problem.

Chris

Well I went out and checked. the only one with green tint to the legs is the other pullet. The other 5 are all males with white feet. Does that mean they got it from the hen or the roo??

The rooster is not pure for leg color and not pure bred.

Chris

That figures he was a Mc Murry chick, but the Leghorn came from TSC in Lake Wales. Thats a closed subject now bobcat got him last wk.
hit.gif

55471_image147.jpg

RIP Big Red

Now that our Tertas are older. How is their temperment? I have alot of chest pumps and pecking between the three of them. The sex-links hang out of the way. Nothing to bad, but I'm new to chickens.

I bought two different batches from TSC. Pretty neat how they are the same but have different feathering. Mine dont like to be messed with and dont have a thing to do with me. They act fine around other breads.

Ive got A sebright pullet, a sebright cockerel, an OEG pullet, OEG cockerel, 6 bantam pullets, and 30 or so tetras all living in harmony together. They all interact with each other with no problems.

I have only one Tetratint in with a mixed flock and she seems fairly friendly. She will eat out of my hand but isn't to thrilled about being petted or picked up. I'd say she is lower n the pecking order but not at the bottom. Seems to handle the heat better than some of my other breeds, not panting in our 95 degree weather we've been having.i

I have a bunch of 13 1/2 week old tetra tints here. They are all white, I think with the exception of two younger ones I bought because they had the spots on them. I have not paid much attention but believe all mine are pullets. I will have to get some pics of them later.
Tetra tint pullet, sorry her tail looks a little rough, I had a golden comet who decided she was going to start picking tails a couple weeks ago and some of the TT's look a little rough in the hind end. I will have to look in the daylight, mine might be showing some red in their wings and tails, this one definitely is, or maybe it is some mud?. TT in the back also/
71081_tetratint.jpg

These are both supposedly TT, but the one looks awefully EE. I know my TSC did not get any EE that week and it was the first week we had chicks so I do not know what is going on with the one on the right. Has face muffs and green legs.
71081_tetratintee.jpg

Last edited:
Well Ill be.....
Ive heard talk of green legs on some of these tetras, but I have to say I really didn't believe it till now. I have to say its not a very attractive shade of green. LOL

Back
Top Bottom