The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I'm glad to have found this thread. For a long time, I wasn't sure if my girls were Tetra Tints or not. The TSC gal who helped me select them was friendly, but not really an expert. Tetra Tint was one of the the possibilities she mentioned.

After looking at the photos on this thread, I think my suspicions are finally confirmed. I'm especially glad to see the very red combs for the chicks identified as roos. It's so hard to find info about this breed (hybrid, whatever) that I've been suspicious about how they were sexed as pullets. Every time one of the chicks has stood up too straight, or clucked funny, I've wondered about her pullet-ness.

I don't have any recent photos of the girls. I think I've been too worried about building their coop to notice them growing lately. Here are some photos I took at 7 weeks. No, they're not supposed to be roosting on top of their bedroom wall in the first photo. They are such good jumpers, I've been constantly adding taller walls and ceilings to their living space.

82401_052_small.jpg

82401_061_small.jpg

82401_069_small.jpg

I don't have any recent photos of the girls. I think I've been too worried about building their coop to notice them growing lately. Here are some photos I took at 7 weeks. No, they're not supposed to be roosting on top of their bedroom wall in the first photo. They are such good jumpers, I've been constantly adding taller walls and ceilings to their living space.

mine can just about clear a 6 foot high fence. Guess I'll have to look into wing clipping.
Well Ill be.....
Ive heard talk of green legs on some of these tetras, but I have to say I really didn't believe it till now. I have to say its not a very attractive shade of green. LOL
The sad thing is she is the friendliest tetra tint I have and I still swear she has EE in her.

83182_photo0277.jpg

This is my "green legged" chicken the one in the middle on 3/29 about 13 days after I bought them and now
83182_photo0437.jpg

legs have gotten more of a yellow color? but you can see the difference when she is next to another one of the birds​

Thought I would post another update photo of my Tetratint "Tetra" She is getting more beautiful everyday! She is about 15 weeks old now. And you can see that her feet also have a slight "greenish tint" too. They make me think of a reverse red sex link, a white bird with red instead. She also has a very similar build to my red comet.
78308_dscn1787.jpg

Wow, what pretty girls ya'll have! Mine are snow white, but these descriptions I am reading are so like mine. They can fly as well as any LF I have seen, are so brave and about the smartest in my group.

Yoie, I have bred production roo to white leghorn and gotten pullets like your TT. But mine were more heavy and not as long legged, coloring the same.

FINALLY! I know what my little Izzie is! I have looked up every stinkin chicken breed and haven't found her until now.

She is by far my most social chicken. She is also seems the be the one in charge.. they all kind of follow her lead. Whenever I go to give another chick attention, she literally climbs up my leg and sits on my shoulder. She's got a lot of personality. She grew more quickly then the other chicks of the same age, but now she's the smallest of them (the others are red & gold sex-links)

Back
Top Bottom