The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Anyone know how well tetras tolerate cold weather? I'm reading that leghorns are not especially tolerant. Does that mean I'm going to have troubles with my girls this winter? I live in Central PA, so it's not frigid. It does, however, get cold enough for a couple good snows.

Quote:
yoie
she is very pretty. I haven't taken any picutres lately. I hope some more poeple with tetras post pics so we all can see how they are maturing. Is Terta doing the squatting thing for you? Read here on this forum that it is sign of the pullets getting ready to lay. Hope so I have two squatting one of the white ones and the one with the brown wings.

Yesterday I got my first egg in my coop and have been trying to figure out who layed it! If I knew what color egg these layed would be helpful. The egg that was layed is not bright white, just a little off so I have narrowed to down to my Jaerhon, Faverolles, or my TetraTint maybe? Most of my hens are acting like they are ready to lay so I just don't know who did it!
barnie.gif

The egg in question, the pic makes it look darker than it is
78308_dscn1811.jpg

Quote:
I was wondering this myself. I live high atop the Alleghanies where the wind blows and the snow piles up in feet. So I can see myself this winter shoveling a path to the coop to vasiline combs and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom