The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Hi Been awhile since I posted here. I bred my tt to a bo. The chicks were hatched today. Will get pics as soon as the rest of the chicks hatch. They are still in the bator.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

They look so - flourescent white! I always hoped my white silkies to be white but they are always muddy...
lol.png
I want one now
droolin.gif

I've been debating on hatching out some of my TT eggs, but my rooster is a Blue Cochin. That should be an interesting mix
lau.gif
Thou next year I am planning on building another coop and having an all EE flock and putting my TT in with them. Seeing how a TT and an EE mix does since my TT has not missed a day laying since she started!

One of my TT girls started laying today! 1st TT egg!!
90662_ttegg.jpg

Her egg is the cream/slightly pink egg in the middle. Store bought white egg on immediate left for color comparison. GC egglets on right ( I have 2 GC pullets laying now.)
Fully grown PR egg on far left, for size/color comparison.

I haven't posted anything here in awhile so....
After a week of rain rain and more rain I left the girls out to cruise the yard and get out of the muddy run. They found the only dry spot to dust bath in, right outside the garage door. No its not normal dirt it is a combination of road grime, coal dirt and what ever else gets swept out the door. No more white chickies.
83182_photo0573.jpg

83182_photo0575.jpg

Lol, zinia. My white chickens looked a suspicious brownish color after the last rain, too. It made them harder to find when I was putting them back in the coop. Better camouflage
wink.png

Quote:
If you have the tetra tints like I have (seems to be differances in mine and some on here) your wait will not be long.
I had tetras laying eggs in my grow out pen at 16 weeks, had to get the big coop ready fast this year.

Back
Top Bottom