The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I have never posted here before, but yesterday I got 6 chicks! 3 are Tetra Tints pullets and 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes... straight run. I am happy this board is here because I really don't know much about raising chickens. This will be my first time! Sounds like the Tetra Tints are loving girls and I can already see that my chicks don't mind being held. They don't scatter the way the Golden Laced Wyandottes do.

:)

I have never posted here before, but yesterday I got 6 chicks! 3 are Tetra Tints pullets and 3 Golden Laced Wyandottes... straight run. I am happy this board is here because I really don't know much about raising chickens. This will be my first time! Sounds like the Tetra Tints are loving girls and I can already see that my chicks don't mind being held. They don't scatter the way the Golden Laced Wyandottes do.
smile.png

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
I have 6 Tetra tints that will soon be a year old. I have had no major problems with them so far. They have survived our strange winter with temps in every range. They don't seem to mind the snow, cold, rain or mud. Mine haven't seemed to have figured out what wings are for, they run and flap but only get about 2ft off the ground.
There is lots of information to be found on this entire forum. I do lots of reading and not alot of posting cause I usually can find and the answer to my questions just by searching. Everyone here is very helpful and polite and they are willing to answer any question you have so sit back and enjoy.

We purchased tetra tints last year, we got 15. since they started laying they have had consistently laid 14 eggs daily , I have 1 hen who has been broody the majority of the time, but do get an occasional 15th egg. This being the 1st of March 2012 they have laid this steady through the entire winter. These bird are supposed th be a cross of a male Rhodie island red roo and a white leg horn but I believe there may be calif white as well do to the black spots that some have. They are a calm bird and extremely friendly don't leave car doors or house open they will follow you in. I will say I am pleased. I guess I will have a high standard for the Cherry eggers I ordered. I am not sure if the tetra tints will be a sex link. i am told the cherries are not..

yes they are probably still a tetra tint several of ours look the same way but lay a cream to light brown egg, they must take more to thier leg horn side of there genes.

Has anyone every had a roo from their chicks? I just bought 6 tetra tints from my local TSC and the guy told me they are all hens.

My granddaughter has a TT that flies out of the run on a daily basis.

It runs the cats off the lawn furniture on the back porch, pecks on the sliding glass door wanting in or for the child to come outside to play, and whipped the daylights out of thier Chinese Pug dog that tried to get to rough with it, the other day.

It stoled out a nest and my daughter found 42 eggs in it.

It goes to my daughters inlaws and eats with the cats.

Flies up on the ridge of the garage and sings for the community.

I thinks it anwsers to the name of Coconut.

first time posting and joined just for this thread =)
I want chickens!! I also happen to work at TSC and we got a shipment of the Tetra Tints in yesterday - they're awfully cute lil buggers!
thanks for all the info here gang! This might help convince my beloved to finally give in and let me get chicks
big_smile.png

the pics are great! We were all wondering what the little ones would turn out to look like and I'm still wondering if the ones with the darker masks end up being more colorful birds - HOPEFULLY I'll find out before too much longer!

Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom