The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
Farmgirl9494 said:

plus i was wondering if turtle food would be fine for ducks as well. i used to own two turtles and the ducks would always love to eat their foods. one was a kind of dried up shrimp, the other was a pellet. unquote

I'd like to know as well.

Our adult ducks absolutely love blueberries! they would eat them all day if I let them but they only get them about once a week! Great list! Our ducks also eat strawberries but love the blueberries more! but there stool is very watery and blue for a little bit after they eat it!

Hi Nettie, where do I buy the below listed items? Dave Grier, Baton Rouge

Vitamins and Electrolytes-
jumpy.gif
(for any aged ducklings)
Comes in a powder that can be mixed with feed or water in a daily or weekly dose. Though most often recommended for ducklings or young ducks, vitamin powders can be given to a duck of any age. You can use the powder as a daily or weekly supplement, or you can reserve it for ducklings during the first 8-12 weeks, injured or sick birds, or for show birds. Any duck of any age will benefit from having vitamins just like a human. Dosing will depend on the brand you buy. For my vitamin powder, I add a table spoon to either a gallon of water or approx. 5 pounds of feed.
Brewers Yeast-
jumpy.gif
(for ducklings of any age)
Brewer's Yeast contains an essential nutrient for ducks called Niacin. Niacin is known to promote overall good health, and to help ducks with leg/foot injures. Niacin also helps cure spraddle or splayed leg in baby ducks. Any duck with a foot or leg injury of any kind can take Brewer's yeast (either in packets or in crushed up pills) on their food or in their water.

Are these poultry or waterfowl vitamins? I would reckon that if they are formulated for poultry or waterfowl, you should be fine. I have only found powdered vitamins.

There is Nutri-Drench, and I looked at the label and it has some vitamins, but not as wide a variety as the powdered mix I use.

Its for poultry.but I will go get powdered today want to do what's best. Is the waterfowl OK for chickens I have them together until its OK for my 6 week olds to go outside. And even though I did separate food and water they are all sharing one dish :(

I am so excited that this was posted, both of my ducks are almost 5 wks Plc now and with all the different things u hear I've only given them the game bird starter and fresh chopped mustard greens. This was so helpfull and I can't wait to go make my little buddies a healthy little treat!!! Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom