The Well Composed Chicken -- Small prize offered!

This is a fun contest. I look forward to seeing even more well composed birds. Here is my entry:

I thought the composition was interesting in this photo. The girls formed a pullet pile to sun bathe. I cropped it to focus on Padma's (Buff Brahma) and Matilda's (Australorp) facial expressions. At 4746 x 2794 pixels, I was hoping the image would be bigger to show off their pretty faces. Maybe if we click on it, the display will be larger in the thread's gallery.

Even if we don't win, I hope we get to see the digital sketch of the winners' chickens/birds in the thread. How cool.

my blue cochin hen Lavender At around 8 weeks...she loves getting picked up and hanging out with the ducks ...not the best posture..:p

Last edited:
It seems a little boring, but I'm going to go out on a limb and I'm saying I'm shooting for a "bold" composition. Blondie the quail, catching her in such a zen-like state is actually quite impressive, she's a zippy little psychopath.

Took a bunch of pictures of chickens and quails yesterday, and they all just happened to stop whatever fun things they were doing right before I snapped the photo. So I just went for whatever picture looked best.

my blue cochin hen Lavender At around 8 weeks...she loves getting picked up and hanging out with the ducks ...not the best posture..
tongue.png

Be still my heart! But, 8 weeks old? Did you just take this or did this bird already grow up? Lavender looks very red in the comb and long in the wattles for an 8 week cochin, but I am no expert!

Here is my little blue roo cochin, also 8 weeks old.

This is Agitha, a Barred Plymouth Rock. She turned 8 weeks old yesterday. She practices this "chicken yoga" daily, and she has a wonderful disposition-always near you and "purring" contentedly.

Here is my submission This is my sweetest girl, Lily. She was a speckled Sussex, bottom of the pecking order so she liked to hang out with me. She went to the "big coop in the sky" this past July. As you can see, she was not camera shy and in this picture it seems like she is saying "where are the treats?" " I would really like some treats, please!!"

Here is my submission This is my sweetest girl, Lily. She was a speckled Sussex, bottom of the pecking order so she liked to hang out with me. She went to the "big coop in the sky" this past July. As you can see, she was not camera shy and in this picture it seems like she is saying [COLOR=DDA0DD]"where are the treats?" " I would really like some treats, please!!" [/COLOR]
Love this one! Look at those eyes. Sorry she's not with you anymore.

Back
Top Bottom