The Welsummer Thread!!!!

There growing fast!! On this half of the bird how many flaws do you see?
really too young to see flaws in that picture. If you take a picture looking straight down at the head you can look to see if the head is too narrow. You can look at the legs from the front and back to see if they are straight, look at it from the back to see if the tail is straight or wry and you can begin to assess the width of the hips and body. The white speckles on the feathers could grow out and her hackle coloring/striping could lessen as she grows

Hey guys i ordered 5 pullets from efowl i can't wait to have them bc i love there color it looks like my red jungle fowl but sadly they are long gone now :( t ya i will post pics ASAP

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me popping in here :) I have 4 welsummers, now 8 weeks old. They were all supposed to be pullets, but it seems one is a rooster... oh well. One of my female welsummers has black feathers all over her head and face. I was wondering if that is a common trait of the breed? None of the other 3 i have, have these markings. I'm quite new to chickens, and very new to welsummers so bare with me :D I snapped this photo just as she blinked, hence why her eye looks weird.
She looks like mine, and mine is a mix

Thank you, I also asked on a new thread, all 3 replies so far think it's a boy. It's a shame as it's my favourite, but he can go and live on my aunt's farm before he starts waking the neighbours up every morning. At least I will be prepared!

Thanks again

Thank you, I also asked on a new thread, all 3 replies so far think it's a boy. It's a shame as it's my favourite, but he can go and live on my aunt's farm before he starts waking the neighbours up every morning. At least I will be prepared!

Thanks again
I would give it some time, it might be a pullet. The V on the head is smaller than most I've seen, but the definition between the two colors on the head and back are so much that it could be a pullet out of breeding stock that is not as easily color sexable.

Hey everyone,

I got these from the feed store as chicks and they are supposed to be Welsummer pullets....but they don't really look like it. What do you think, Wellsummer or not?

Back
Top Bottom