The Welsummer Thread!!!!

@Laurstick that's a cool observation. I've noted both from my bird. Spotted some days and smooth dark terra cotta another. I don't know if I've had the same association with weather temp. I will have to watch for that.

Hi!
I am curious to know if our girls are really girls! I think so, but not 100% sure. Both have small flesh colored combs, no wattles and are a day from being 9 weeks. Lucy is a tad smaller than Winnie.. She has the same coloring though. Any thoughts are welcome :)
IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1486.JPG These are of Winnie IMG_1492.jpg This one is of Lucy

Hi,
I was wondering how old my wellie needs to be before I can confirm sex based on her feathering. She's three and half weeks now, and her chest appears to be coming in salmon not black, but I wasn't sure if it could still turn at this point? :confused:This is my first batch of chicks. :D

Hi,
I was wondering how old my wellie needs to be before I can confirm sex based on her feathering. She's three and half weeks now, and her chest appears to be coming in salmon not black, but I wasn't sure if it could still turn at this point? :confused:This is my first batch of chicks. :D
Post a pic?...clearly showing her breast feathers and head markings.

I thought I'd ask those better versed in things Welsummer-y.
Background: Egg hatched from hatchery stock. Dad was a mislabeled pullet chick. This one hatched with the heavy eyeliner and sharp chipmunking, but at 4.5 weeks is sporting a bigger comb and I think I'm detecting some dark tint on the breast feathers.
Roo; right? Or too early to tell?
IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

Back
Top Bottom