The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Too funny! I'm imagining a Jack Russell terrier trying to love a Great Dane...
ep.gif

Don't laugh to much Colby until you see the results of a BB Red OE bantam rooster with a a nice large wyandotte hen that was a sight. Needless to say teh young OE cockrells were no longer allowed to run around teh yard as they matured and the Wyandottes found permanent pens after that mishap.

A quick question for you expert wyandotte breeders. when growing out birds, will their feathers become wider at all when they moult out or am i looking at narrow feathers now, narrow feathers forever?

The more pictures I see, and having seen one of my friend's in real life (golden laced I believe), I am thinking this will be the next breed I get! They are beautiful birds!!

hii,im in abit of a well confuddle,i bought a chicken about 6 weeks ago,he/shell be about 16wks now,we were told by membersof here when we got her/him that its a dominique,and a he by the colours,which we think was claryfied last week when he tried climbing ontop of my belle(female bluebelle star) and was pecking her back and stamping on her.weve just rang the lady we got it off and she said she doesnt keep dominique onlys barred wyandottes.and the stamping and that females do aswell.so she thinks its a female as they dont get the sexes of them wrong as theyre easy to sex.now the thing is she actually told my oh theyre going to kill it if its a boy,n i feel like c**p.whats everyones views on zeebs(im now really really hoping its a girl barred wyandotte)
100254_zeeebs2.jpg

100254_dscn0873.jpg

100254_dsc00325.jpg

Quote:
Regardless of Breed or mix there of if it is 16 weeks old it is a pullet. the Lg color would be wrong for a Dom. but correct for a dotte. both have rose combs so you may to wait and see how the body type finishes out.

Quote:
Regardless of Breed or mix there of if it is 16 weeks old it is a pullet. the Lg color would be wrong for a Dom. but correct for a dotte. both have rose combs so you may to wait and see how the body type finishes out.

so do you think its a girl barred wyandotte??im actually feeling really guilty incase its a boy.x

Quote:
I'm thinking it's a Dom or a Dom cross.

i do to.but the breeder says she doesnt breed doms or barred rocks only barred wyandottes.x

Back
Top Bottom