The Wyandotte Thread

1147668_554673406211_71617850_o.jpg

late spring hatches

update.....my all roo hatch was not all roos after all. I have some pullets and one is a pretty blue laced silver (violet laced) not much red in her. I will put her with a SLW roo and hatch like crazy! hehe.

OOOOOOHHHHHH I almost forgot.....my SLW I threw in with my choc split roo are laying again......yeah!

Last edited:
update.....my all roo hatch was not all roos after all. I have some pullets and one is a pretty blue laced silver (violet laced) not much red in her. I will put her with a SLW roo and hatch like crazy! hehe.

OOOOOOHHHHHH I almost forgot.....my SLW I threw in with my choc split roo are laying again......yeah!
great news!

my chicks are almost a month old now, i had some blue laced red in the batch and was wondering if you guys could tell the genders or if they will have decent patterning? one i have hopes for, the rest, im not sure, i think they will be splash.

this one i am most hopeful for. it looks like it has good lacing on all the feathers, im hoping when it grows, it will keep the lacing. however, the only way ill keep it is if its a pullet (i have 5 roosters to my 14 hens and i think thats a good number, i dont want more roos), so heres to hoping its a pullet!

this one looks to have decent patterning, but leaning more towards splash

this one again, looks more splash, lot of light blue, not as much red..

this one has hardly any blue, not holding out much for it..

thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
my chicks are almost a month old now, i had some blue laced red in the batch and was wondering if you guys could tell the genders or if they will have decent patterning? one i have hopes for, the rest, im not sure, i think they will be splash.

this one i am most hopeful for. it looks like it has good lacing on all the feathers, im hoping when it grows, it will keep the lacing. however, the only way ill keep it is if its a pullet (i have 5 roosters to my 14 hens and i think thats a good number, i dont want more roos), so heres to hoping its a pullet!
well, first off, some birds have good lacing from the start, but many have to 'grow into it'. usually it improves as they age and moult out into their adult colors.

as for their actual color, i'm leaning more towards a light blue, not splash. and right now, they are way too orangey but again may grow into a darker red, though my blrw chicks I've had were all fairly dark red to start with. but the lines are also a much darker blue than some...

so basically no idea on what they'll end up maturing like.

as for sex, I stink at that part. called 2 pullets cockerels for the first couple months and was pleasantly surprised. 8) so i'm not one to ask this year as I've got a number of 'cockerels' turn into girls later on. LOL

They are all splash. The 2 that I can see the heads on look like pullets.

this one looks to have decent patterning, but leaning more towards splash

this one again, looks more splash, lot of light blue, not as much red..

this one has hardly any blue, not holding out much for it..

thanks in advanced!

Back
Top Bottom