The Wyandotte Thread

Can't wait to see! Been dreaming on that cross for awhile :)

Too fun, post pics!

OK.
celebrate.gif

here is the apa for wyandottes wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/wyandottestandard.htm no mention of leg color but here it does http://hpbaa.com/Wyandottes.php heritage breeders will have yellow legged wyandottes because if we don,t stick to the A P A just cross off the breed not trying to come cross as mean or anyting just love the wyandotte breed

Last edited:
I posted this on the Silver Laced Thread after being asked egg size of LF VS Bantam and LF size VS Bantam. Our line of black bantam lay crazy large eggs. Not the norm for the rest of the bantams, except chocolate. Well they were made with the blacks so.... Thought you kids might like to see it.

The girls that laid the eggs are below and are both about a year and a half old.

Both are a not so happy to be hanging together. LOL I just washed the SL 2 hours ago so she is not fluffball self...

Looks like a prettty nice Black

here is the apa for wyandottes wyandottebreedersofamerica.net/wyandottestandard.htm no mention of leg color but here it does http://hpbaa.com/Wyandottes.php heritage breeders will have yellow legged wyandottes because if we don,t stick to the A P A just cross off the breed not trying to come cross as mean or anyting just love the wyandotte breed
actually, the complete SOP is not online due to copyright restrictions... but several color varieties in the 'dottes read as male - yellow, female - yellow to dusky yellow, yellow preferred, bottoms of feet - yellow.

it's acknowledged in a number of breeds, that black, partridge/penciled, blue & some others, keeping a bright yellow leg and foot is difficult at best, and they allow the same colorations noted above.

ask a breeder that shows wyandottes
if I have a question about the SOP, i'll open the book first.

don't always go by the judges either, since apparently a mille fleur bantam cochin was awarded best of breed at a show just yesterday, and the variety isn't recognized, or even in the plans to get recognized yet! grats to the breeder, since she was a lovely bird, but the judge was way off on that one.

my fist silver pencilled bantams since I changed roos and culled some pullets/hens. I think I like the color on these chicks.......do they look correct for silver's? I know for rocks they should have some brown at hatch.

Back
Top Bottom