The Wyandotte Thread

Finally some update pictures of the chicks from late summer.
Partridge cockerel

younger babies

2012 cockerel

2012 cockerel

partridge pullets

partridge pullet

slw cockerel

one breeding pen (single comb baby is going to a other breeder for their silver laced orpington project)

Hey Draco,

Nice looking Partridge LF Good coloring on them. I am currently working with the bantam partridge. The combs on mine are a bit too coarse but hope to keep plugging away once I start hatching them next Spring.

Chris

Hey Draco,

Nice looking Partridge LF  Good coloring on them.  I am currently working with the bantam partridge.   The combs on mine are a bit too coarse but hope to keep plugging away once I start hatching them next Spring.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I am hoping to get them as dark as most American bantams. Going to take a while but I'd rather deal with color problems than type.
I also have some issues with my combs on the males. They look fine when they are young but go crazy when they mature.
Do you have any pictures of you bantams? Would love to see them.

Wow! Just skimmed through the pics on this thread and so many stunning birds! Amazing. I'm getting bantam wyandottes so I'll be following along. Very excited!

To fit more in the coop
wink.png
Haha. I've actually never had bantams. I've always raised large fowl. But I recently became interested in wyandottes, as they are gorgeous! And of course the bantams were so cute
love.gif
I'm going to set a small batch of hatching eggs this week and I'll be sure to post pics. And possibly look at purchasing more chicks in the spring!

Back
Top Bottom