The Wyandotte Thread

Dracoe, where did you get that hen in the first pic?

I got her and the first boy from Jerry Foley at a show in southern ohio in late 2013. I am hoping to use her to get rounder lacing on my males and some females. All of my males have the pointer lacing but thankfully most of my females have rounder feathers. I need to get some more pictures of her when I get home again.

Do you know how to tell if a chicken will be disqualified? Is it a messed up beak? Bad eggs?
Each breed is listed in a book called the Standard of perfection. The disqualifications are listed in the book. There are many disqualifications and too many to list and remember. The wordage is precise and interpretation is to the reader.
If you plan on showing or are interested in raising heritage breed poultry it is a great investment. In my signature line is a link for the American Poultry Association. It is a wonderful organization and I invite you to join. You can purchase a book there right on line. Supporting the poultry association does wonderful things for preservation the breeds and supports the efforts to keep such a great sport alive.

Last edited:
Each breed is listed in a book called the Standard of perfection. The disqualifications are listed in the book. There are many disqualifications and too many to list and remember. The wordage is precise and interpretation is to the reader.
If you plan on showing or are interested in raising heritage breed poultry it is a great investment. In my signature line is a link for the American Poultry Society. It is a wonderful organization and I invite you to join. You can purchase a book there right on line. Supporting the poultry society does wonderful things for preservation the breeds and supports the efforts to keep such a great sport alive.

Thank you so much!

I got her and the first boy from Jerry Foley at a show in southern ohio in late 2013. I am hoping to use her to get rounder lacing on my males and some females. All of my males have the pointer lacing but thankfully most of my females have rounder feathers. I need to get some more pictures of her when I get home again.
I remember you getting several birds from him, just never noticed her.. love how abundant her lacing is. On the wings and neck. Really nice bird..

The roo that grew out is pretty nice.. I think his tail is a little low though.. He might perk it up a bit. DMRippy bought a Blue laced Cockrell from Jerry a year or two ago.. His tail was so low giving his back a long, flat look. When he filled out his type improved.. He doesn't even look like the same bird.

Peep! Makes me think SPRING!

Yeah....sigh.....
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom