The Wyandotte Thread

Are there any Gold Laced breeders on this thread? I am looking for a show quality cockerel or eggs from Show Quality stock.
Good Golden Laced are very hard to find honestly. About the only breeder I can think of off hand that has good stock is Duane Urch. I have seen his GL and they are very nice, most others that I have seen are hatchery stock that may be GL but hardly a Wyandotte.

Good Golden Laced are very hard to find honestly.  About the only breeder I can think of off hand that has good stock is Duane Urch.  I have seen his GL and they are very nice, most others that I have seen are hatchery stock that may be GL but hardly a Wyandotte.

Thank you. I have a Duane Urch cock now but wanted to expand a bit. I have a cockerel on order from him who should arrive next week and since I was on the phone I decided to order a dozen hatching eggs...what the heck!!!

Dajen, let us know your success rate with your hatching eggs from Duane Urch. I have contemplated ordering them from him many times. Thanks!

Thank you. I have a Duane Urch cock now but wanted to expand a bit. I have a cockerel on order from him who should arrive next week and since I was on the phone I decided to order a dozen hatching eggs...what the heck!!!
Good luck. We ordered chicks from him last year but not any GL. They are nice birds, especially the Whites. Just me, but I would rather order chicks than eggs. Eggs are a crap shoot with too many variables.

Lost my breeding rooster to the Marek disease.

Collected all the eggs of his 3 hens the next 2,5 weeks.
First hatch 10/15
Second hatch 9/12 (hoping on those extra three because I still hear peeping in the incubator)

Very happy with the result so far.
Hope to see them grow up without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom