The Wyandotte Thread

Ah so greenfire imported some from England so they would be the actual chocolate. I had to Google that. I think that might get confusing for people, some having dun some having actual chocolate.

I used the choc on choc calculator on kippenjungle.nl and found the following results for Phenotype:

25% chocolate pullets, 25% chocolate cockerels, 12.5% black pullets, 12.5% black cockerels, 12.5% khaki pullets and 12.5% khaki cockerels.

Of course the calculator does not mention what the chicks will look like. I believe there is a lady who specializes in chocolate stuff somewhere in Kansas, she may have an idea. I have forgotten her username though. I think her slogan is something like " ..... scientist"

nope. wrong chocolate... the orps are the recessive sex linked variety (choc) not dun/chocolate (I^d) which breeds like blue and is an offshoot of the dominant white mutation...

I don't know who else made some but Jerry Foley has them. Most of his are bantams. I have some that are medium size. He crossed choc orps win black wyandottes.

0.jpg

To reiterate, Dun and Chocolate are two completely different varieties and colors.
Chocolate Wyandotte bantams in the US were created from Chocolate Orpington bantams that were imported.
Dun Wyandotte Bantams are a creation of a US geneticist and a decade of work.

Here is a picture of one of our Dun females.

ZC

Khaki female

ZC

To reiterate, Dun and Chocolate are two completely different varieties and colors. Chocolate Wyandotte bantams in the US were created from Chocolate Orpington bantams that were imported. Dun Wyandotte Bantams are a creation of a US geneticist and a decade of work. Here is a picture of one of our Dun females.
ZC
Khaki female
ZC
That dun is to die for.

To reiterate, Dun and Chocolate are two completely different varieties and colors. Chocolate Wyandotte bantams in the US were created from Chocolate Orpington bantams that were imported. Dun Wyandotte Bantams are a creation of a US geneticist and a decade of work. Here is a picture of one of our Dun females.
ZC
Khaki female
ZC
Very cool!

Since I am not a breeder, here is my layman's understanding of the situation:

Greenfire crossed Chocolate Bantam Orpingtons with Black Wyandottes to get Chocolate Wyandottes that breed true to color. All offsprings of these turn out to be Chocolate Wyandottes.

Wheres some people have the Dun gene Chocolates (resulting from the work of a US geneticist) . A cross between a Dun Chocolate and Dun Chocolate can result in 50% Dun Chocolates, 25% Black and 25% Khaki.

The eggs I have are from the Greenfire line so they should be Chocolate. Not feather sexible or color sexible at birth.

Correct me if I am still wrong.

Back
Top Bottom