The Wyandotte Thread

Can anyone help me with my GLW's? First off I'm horrible at gender so any help would be so appreciated!!! Also I have one with a curved beak.... How to handle this? Will it survive? Will it get worse? It's eating and drinking fine right now....

Bird #1 on left Bird #2 on right

My guess is Bird on left is cockerel and bird on right is pullet.

Hard to say on gender..they look dull in color.. I would guess one is a male on the left because of size of comb.

curved beaks is a cull.(IMO)some will eventually starve to death..not a good life imo..many people keep them and some even breed them...sad but true.

Hard to say on gender..they look dull in color.. I would guess one is a male on the left because of size of comb.

curved beaks is a cull.(IMO)some will eventually starve to death..not a good life imo..many people keep them and some even breed them...sad but true.

Do you think the beak would get worse? You can see it on the bird on the left. It's not scissoring

Do you think the beak would get worse? You can see it on the bird on the left. It's not scissoring

I have seen 2 curved beaks in the same hatch: 1 chick developed scissor beak, the 2nd just had a curve but not as severe; the top and bottom beaks matched up (unlike scissor). so it could go either way, imho. the scissor beak presents a bigger challenge than just curving.

I am also of the opinion to cull... I am taking mine to processing weight only. my first time with curved beaks, if they get worse I may have to take them sooner than planned. for now they eat and drink just fine (12wk)

Back
Top Bottom