The Wyandotte Thread

Here are Ginger and Rose, the 2 little peeps that brought me to this thread.

Rose acts delicate and dainty.

Ginger and the look on her face...doesn't she look like she's thinking about starting trouble and mischief (even before those words should be in her vocabulary)?
Ginger has that perpetual look, and she also resembles a penguin!

I adore them!

Very cute! :)

Very cute! :)
Rose and Ginger...they are characters. They made me adopt 2 more, MaryAnn and Bette. Same very different personalities and looks. MaryAnn is dainy whereas Better has the penguin look and scurries around all over the place. I have more pics of the edge of her butt leaving the frame than of her whole face and body!
They are very entertaining and each very sweet in their own special ways. What a Super FIND!

One more but I can't promise I'll stop there.
The 3 new breeds I've added this season are: Brahma, GLW and Welsummer.
I requested at the feed store that they try to find/order/get me a cockeral for each of these breeds. Since the ideal proportions of pullets to cockerel wouldn't be met in the # of pullets I have, what could I expext and what would ppl prefer (If it were their flock).
I Do plan to keep the best proportions that I can so each breed may have additional pullets of either mixed or different breed, e.g. silkie and EE. Here silkies abound and EEs are a few.
I had planned on really focusing on EE and OE in terms of additions--not saying I won't but I don't want to spread my time/energy/money resources too thin and miss the great experience that I do this to enjoy. I also plan(ned?) to intro Dominiques. I have a BR roo (started as a pullet of course) and I do wonder about that combo: BR plus Dominique but I don't want to "wash out" the Dom genes with a cockerel that is BR and will pass that gene around copiously.
Back on track...

IF I have the choice of adding a Welsummer cockerel to both Welsummer girls and also to my 4 GLW girls (all aprox same age range) OR adding a GLW cockerel to both Welsummer girls and GLW girls, can anyone give me a "Compare and Contrast" on how the results of eventual breeding, of social interactions at intro (I would think earliest 2 1/2 months, latest 4-4 1/2 months). Is my intro timing appropriate or if not, what would be better timing/s?I mean they are all 2-3 days now and "intro'd" but in a broody mom situation not a juvie one.

I appreciate that ppl have busy lives, that you all don't know me, my birds etc and thus have zero investment in my wishes and whims, and oh-my-goodness many questions.
I've also found ppl on this forum to be quite generous with time, replies and caring.

So, thank you all in advance. I have also asked this question also on the Welsummer thread so I get a full idea.

Hi everyone I'm new to chickens and have had chicks for 7 weeks now. LOVE them! I have 5 SLW's that are 7 weeks, I'm thinking I got lucky and actually got all girls but would love your opinions...

Wyowna

Stripe (as a chick had very strong striped down back)

Whirly bird (always turns in a circle before walking off?)
no name yet
no name 2

Hi everyone I'm new to chickens and have had chicks for 7 weeks now. LOVE them! I have 5 SLW's that are 7 weeks, I'm thinking I got lucky and actually got all girls but would love your opinions...

Wyowna

Stripe (as a chick had very strong striped down back)

Whirly bird (always turns in a circle before walking off?)
no name yet
no name 2

:love Cuteness :love

So my four bantam partridge Wyandotte hatched mi January. Two are for sure roosters and not sure on other two. Sepeeate pics for each bird

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom