The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
Those look like my Mcmurray SLWs. I had 2 just like them. In mine the darker one ended up having better lacing... but both of mine where sorta sebright looking!
What hatchery did you get them from? They look healthy and happy!
smile.png

Quote:
Those look like my Mcmurray SLWs. I had 2 just like them. In mine the darker one ended up having better lacing... but both of mine where sorta sebright looking!
What hatchery did you get them from? They look healthy and happy!
smile.png

Thanks everyone!

I got mine from the feed store near my house, but they came from Dunlap in Idaho. They are definitely spoiled, lol!

Last edited:
Quote:
Maybe next year we'll get a few buffs....boy are they nice!

Here that Turbos?!
We're starting a buff movement.
lol.png

Which means I'll buy some fantastic ones. Decide I don't want them afterall, and then give them to you for black chicks....
Sound familiar?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Maybe next year we'll get a few buffs....boy are they nice!

Here that Turbos?!
We're starting a buff movement.
lol.png

Which means I'll buy some fantastic ones. Decide I don't want them afterall, and then give them to you for black chicks....
Sound familiar?
big_smile.png

I think we have all the varieties we can handle.... wouldn't want the quality to suffer because we can't grow out the chicks to improve them.
The buffs are pretty and we did have some a few years ago.

I got a good picture of my splash BLRW roo today... just before it started raining, again
hmm.png
I think the breeder didn't like his "pokey" comb and that's why she sold him... he also shakes his head from side to side a lot, like he's a little "off". He is a good rooster though and keeps the OE roo away from his Wyandotte girls, lol.

Are their legs supposed to be so pale? he's the first one I have had.
36754_dscn6157.jpg

Last edited:
Any opinions on whether my splash is a pullet or roo? He/She is almost 6 wks old. This was my lone chick that hatched from my first attempt at incubating. I've now got 18 chicks total of diff ages but this little one is definately my favorite since it was my first.

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom