The Wyandotte Thread

I know alot of you raise Large Fowl Wyandottes, but I thought you might enjoy pictures of some of our Dun Bantam chicks this year.
I kind of lucked into these little birds and am having alot of fun seeing what pops out of those shells. I am including a picture of the one
Dun Hen I have and a couple of Khaki pullets that are a few weeks old. For those that are into the blues, the Khaki is the equivalent of
a splash.
There is also a little Birchen Modern Game Bantam Pullet in the mix of the group shot.........She's just a few days younger than the SLW &
a few days older than the Partridge.
Right now, I have alot of blacks & duns. Also a few Partridge chicks. I have one Silver laced cockerel, because I could have used a pullet!
barnie.gif

Mine free range for a few hours every day. I have to use flight netting since I have more of a problem with hawks getting IN.

Okay I feel better about using a 6ft fence now! But my ameraucanas are only 11weeks old and they fly every where! instead of walking 10 feet, theyll walk 5 and fly 5! its crazyy! I'm going to have to build a special pen 8ft tall just for them!

My rir will fly about 6 ft up in the air but they have a 4ft fence and only get out if they really want to as long as they can get outside they are ok.

thanks i love my chickens! I wish more people my age had them, but everyone else is too involved in the college lifestyle to care about little ol' chicks! and the ones not in college seem to need them the most to teach them responsibility!
lol.png

Oh man do I ever know what you mean on that one. Engineering is a very demanding major, but i just love my chickens. Sometimes it get's to be a bit much, but that comes with the territory I suppose. it is very difficult to find folks my age interested in anything that has to do with farming anything ( pls forgive the tragic use of grammer ) ;) But, I digress. When I tell people that i keep chickens I get the "You have chickens '? ' You must be white trash " look; then I know their judgmental idiots, and any intelligent conversation I try to have with them is ruined. Gets............on.......my nerves. But, I digress..............again. ;)

God bless,
Tyler.

Last edited:
Thank you I would of never thought about netting! Im going to have to invest in some because we have hawks here too!

Mine free range for a few hours every day. I have to use flight netting since I have more of a problem with hawks getting IN.

Man I can't believe they're that rude! When I hear people have livestock I assume they are more equipped for life and are less reliant on the industrial world. With that being said, I'm glad to know there are more of us college students out there who have better hobbies than the hobbies forced upon us through society. Keep at it, we shall never give in haha
lol.png

Oh man do I ever know what you mean on that one. Engineering is a very demanding major, but i just love my chickens. Sometimes it get's to be a bit much, but that comes with the territory I suppose. it is very difficult to find folks my age interested in anything that has to do with farming anything ( pls forgive the tragic use of grammer ) ;) But, I digress. When I tell people that i keep chickens I get the "You have chickens '? ' You must be white trash " look; then I know their judgmental idiots, and any intelligent conversation I try to have with them is ruined. Gets............on.......my nerves. But, I digress..............again. ;)

God bless,
Tyler.

We are hatching sexlink chicks from our SLW hens and GLW rooster but some look inbetween, can someone post pics of the sexlinked chicks from this mating? I just want to know if all the definite red chicks are the pullets basically because we have some that look like they should be cockerels but show some brown on the wings/head like a GLW chick.

*Edit to add, we figured it out once they dried off more

Last edited:
Anyone have bantam Columbian Wyandotte eggs, chicks, or birds for sale? I've been looking for 2 years for some. I have a lonely Bantam Columbian Wyandotte roo that could really use some friends. Please let me know. Will pay top dollar!

Laurie

Anyone have bantam Columbian Wyandotte eggs, chicks, or birds for sale? I've been looking for 2 years for some. I have a lonely Bantam Columbian Wyandotte roo that could really use some friends. Please let me know. Will pay top dollar!

Laurie

gilavina has them! Or at least did. ;) Good luck with that, columbians are really hard to find in any breed :/ a real shame too, I think it's one of the most striking patterns out there.

God bless,
Tyler.

Back
Top Bottom