These are not Leghorns!

Legacy Farms

Songster
Mar 27, 2020
Northern Arizona
Two weeks ago my husband brought home 4 chicks that were supposed to be Leghorns. We have 6 week old Leghorns & these chicks are absolutely not. I think he may have been sold meat birds. They are massive in size compared to the other chicks he brought home that day. They were all day olds. Are they meat birds?
20200422_113036_resized.jpg
I did not realize how big they were until I was catching them all so I could clean their brooder.

I've had a few and no they didn't. Not worth the heartbreak IMO if you don't plan on eating them to try to raise them long term.
I wouldn't get attached and sell them by 6 weeks to someone that would eat them.
I did know someone that raised a rooster to a year old and he seemed to be doing good. Sadly he told me he died a month later. Thats they longest anyone I know made one last.

I've had a few and no they didn't. Not worth the heartbreak IMO if you don't plan on eating them to try to raise them long term.
I wouldn't get attached and sell them by 6 weeks to someone that would eat them.
I did know someone that raised a rooster to a year old and he seemed to be doing good. Sadly he told me he died a month later. Thats they longest anyone I know made one last.

I won't eat them. I will ask my husband if anyone would like to buy them from his work. If they stay with me I will get attached and it will break my heart to lose them.

Back
Top Bottom