These are our girls 7 weeks old

Just Darren

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
I have a pretty good idea which are hens and which are roos. About 85 to 90 % sure. Here are our girls

This is Mono I beleive she is a Sexy-link, She is out favorite very freindly and more independant that the others.

This is Rey and Barred Rock she is very passive likes to hang around her brother a lot.

not a real good picture but this is Robin one of the Rhode Island Reds she is likes to follow Mono around some times she can be freindly but runs at fist if you stand there long enough she will come up to you and let you pic her up.

These two are like to peas in a pod they stick to gether alot we call them Laverne and Shirley. Laverne is futher away and Chirley has a darker head but there are best buddies to each other.

So that is me and my wives flock I did not name or show the Roos because unfortanlty my wife doesnt want Roosters so they will be dispatched as soon as they begain to crow.
i wish they where all hen but the rooster have to go and that is the life on the homestead.

Rey,the Barred rock defiantly looks like a cockerel,I might be able to helps sex them if you could post good face and body pictures.

Rey is named for one of the more ressent Star Wars movies. He had a brother from the same batch that had more comb and wattle devolpment and darker red. Rey is barely pink in the comb and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom