They aren't pipping! Am I worried for nothing!?

They are starting to pip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Hooray!! And now comes the hard part - waiting for and watching them hatch, and keeping your hands off the incubator! It can take 24 hours or more from first pip to hatch. They rest a lot, so don't worry if you don't see a lot of progress right away. Often times, it does more harm than good to "help" them.

Ok I have 12 eggs and so far only 3 have hatched and one pipped last night. Nothing from the others. The other eggs are slightly larger so do think that's why they are taking longer?

Larger fowl eggs can sometimes take a little longer. Try to be patient, I know that does not help really but waiting to see what happens is all you can do. You have action and that's a really good sign the others just need time.

Ok one more just hatched. Had to help it as it had not made any progress in 24 hours and it turned out it was in the wrong position. It is doing very good just like the others! They all look very healthy! 8 more to go and 2 more have just pipped!
celebrate.gif

Congratulations :celebrate
That's great to hear. If only they could all pip at once it would save us all the worry. Nature has to do its thing though and at its own pace. Good luck with the rest of them :thumbsup

Last edited:
I understand your frustration, I'm on day 21....I set the eggs at 9pm so actually not day 21 till tonight. Yesterday one hatched, two more have pipped and I so want them all to just hurry up!! The one who hatched is making all sorts of noise and I'm hoping this will encourage the others toward hatching. 1 down, 15 to go...

Back
Top Bottom