THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

My little Australorp might be the least mature (feather-wise), but she is the first one to sleep on my little training roost! The others are just sacked out all over the brooder, haha. The Barred Rock next to her is using it as a pillow.

I believe my australorp has some decent wing feathers and then is starting on the tail feathers along with my silver laced wyandotte.. the one that is feathering out the least out of my bunch is the brahma, but I had to have one because I thought the feathered feet were so cute. I have yet to put a little sand box or roosting post in with my small girls but I did realize the other day that my bigger girls were using the roosting post in their coop, of course this was after the first couple nights of sleeping in a corner.

Oh how exciting! I remember our 'peeping box' that we had to pick up from the post office two years ago! We only got four because we weren't sure it was for us, but I love my girls! You will fall in love the moment the box opens :D

We recently lost one, likely to natural causes, so our flock is down to three. I had added some to my cart due to heartache, but realized that August is really too late to be raising chicks up north, it would be getting cold by the time they were introduced to the coop and the other chickens. I think come spring though, we will be adding another 3 or 4 to our little flock.
They make me smile, they give me eggs, what more could I ask for? :)

Ours have now shipped! They shipped this morning but the post office has no updates on how they are doing... ugh. We went out and bought a big plastic box for their brooder, and have spent some time getting everything ready, but now comes the waiting.

So exciting!!! I know with mine the tracking info didn't update until the next morning. Even though I checked it every five minutes waiting for it to change. Keep us updated and remember to post pictures when you can.

The tracking information took forever to update on our little chickies! It drove me insane! We actually got the call that they were at our local post office before the tracking info really updated - but all that mattered was that they arrived safe & sound. They are so much fun! Update with pictures tomorrow, Xiao!

Okay, the page finally updated. They arrived at the post office in the starting point in Mansfield at 1:00 PM, and at 2:11 they left that post office and are now out somewhere. No idea where they are from there... hopefully driving through somewhere with nice weather.
smile.png
How I hope that they arrive tomorrow and not the day after.

Last edited:
I think it all depends on how far away you are. I think they try to send them by plane for most of the journey and then by truck after that. I had my chicks a day before my guaranteed delivery date which was nice. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they show up tomorrow though. One less day that they have to be on a truck is better.

Back
Top Bottom