THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

I always think the mixed breed chickens look better than a lot of the true to breed ones. I don't know what it is. So I have come to the conclusion that if I can't get DH to build me another chicken coop next year I am going to make the run I have bigger so I can hopefully get five more chicks to make an even 16 birds. I think my family is going to think I'm crazy.

I always think the mixed breed chickens look better than a lot of the true to breed ones.  I don't know what it is.  So I have come to the conclusion that if I can't get DH to build me another chicken coop next year I am going to make the run I have bigger so I can hopefully get five more chicks to make an even 16 birds.  I think my family is going to think I'm crazy.
When the chicks grow up there will be a total of 14 we have, and we get lots of eggs already lol

I always think the mixed breed chickens look better than a lot of the true to breed ones.  I don't know what it is.  So I have come to the conclusion that if I can't get DH to build me another chicken coop next year I am going to make the run I have bigger so I can hopefully get five more chicks to make an even 16 birds.  I think my family is going to think I'm crazy.

I crossed black Australorps with my blue Orpington Roo. They are adorable! Can't wait till they grow. :love

I totally agree! I love mixed breeds! My big Roo, Andy, is actually an Ameracauna/RIR cross. He's one of the prettiest Roos I've ever seen, purebred or not. :) I hope you can get your DH to build you a new coop! I've had to convince mine to let me grow my flock. :D we have a large part of our bard devoted kt our chickens and I went from 8 to 17 in the blink of an eye! Just keep it reasonable for your space and they can't say no! Haha

Jacqdiva when they start to feather out can you please post pictures?

Backyardflock I will have 11 total when these chicks are done growing and so far I don't have any eggs. My EEs aren't laying yet. I am hopeful for the next couple of months maybe getting some eggs.I was thinking one or two of them were roos, but I have yet to hear any crows or see the tell tale signs of a roo.
sad.png
I was hoping one would turn out to be a roo as that is the only way DH was going to let me have one.

Chickmom I have this little area of field behind the garage we are building that would be perfect for a new coop. It would give them I'd have to say atleast a 18x15 run and I could put a pretty decent coop back there to go with it.

We are going to the marshfield fair today, and I'm quite sure there is a poultry section, so I can see some chickens there! They also sell chicks sometimes... I hope there is a Cochin, and they also sell ducks, but ducks are usually less friendly, I only want friendly birds, lol :) I'll post pics later. I won't forget you guys when I'm at the fair, I'll take good pics. I'm also going to go on rides too, I won't just be staring at the chickens, lol. :)

Backyardflock I hope you had fun at the fair. I can't wait to go to the fairs this year. The main reason I go is fair food. Not sure about everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom